Essential responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and, as requested, updates an area sales and market development plan. This plan includes, but is not limited to; high-potential surgeon and hospital customers, revenue and capital placement forecasts and market development opportunities.
- Provide ongoing training and development of sales representatives in the products and procedures marketed by the Company.
- Develops, executes and documents quarterly development plans for each sales representative consistent with mutually-identified areas for improvement.
- Attains assigned sales goals.
- Maintains awareness of market conditions and competitive products and marketing practices, and keeps management informed concerning them.
- In accordance with Company procedures, provides sales and marketing reports, as required, to support continued refinement of the Company’s go-to-market strategy.
- Builds strong relationships with thought leaders and key opinion leaders in the Region, and shares these relationships with key individuals in the Company.
- Represent DermaSensor Inc. in the marketplace at conventions, meetings and exhibits, and by developing strategic relationships with customers and business partners.
- Ensure that the Region and all assigned territories operate within budgetary guidelines.
- Is ultimately responsible for delivering useful and practical customer service in the Region, including but not limited to; value-added, product returns, customer complaints, etc.
- Complies with all Company policies, instructions and directives for the fulfillment of Company objectives and for the maximum profitable revenue.
Job Qualifications and Education:
Successful candidate will have at least ten years’ experience in the medical device industry, selling and marketing products to clinicians. Experience will include a minimum of three to five years’ experience as a sales manager. The work experience should include early stage and/or fast growing medical device businesses. Experience in navigating complex c-suite negotiations is required. An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in business administration. The position is field-based, dependent on the needs of the Company.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Sales management skills; including sales analytics related to forecasting, sales planning and pipeline management, in the medical device industry and preferably the women’s health industry.
- Training and development skills in the areas of sales technique, performance development and coaching/counseling in the medical device industry.
- Strong strategic sales competency and business analytics for medical device sales, e.g. sales planning, economic selling models, resource management, etc.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the O.R. and with the hospital purchasing process.
- Ability to translate and project both territory and regional/area opportunities through the sales plan and compensation program.
- Ability to recruit and motivate outstanding sales talent.
- Superior communication skills; including written, oral and listening.
- Strong negotiating and influence management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with employees, customers and the Company.
- Effective computer literacy, including customer relationship management programs.
- Ability to prepare sales plans, sales activity analysis and reports in accordance with Company procedures.
- Goal-oriented with high drive for results.
- Good time management skills; perceiving, prioritizing and managing critical issues effectively.
- High energy level, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving.
- High integrity and business ethics.
- Intellectual honesty and tactful candor in communicating effectively with customers, colleagues and superiors.
- Ability to interact effectively and comfortably with medical, scientific, business and investor communities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with customers and employees.
- Highly customer focused.