As an independently-owned dental practice, we thrive in a fun, fast-paced, patient-first environment while giving our team members opportunities to learn new skills and deliver the best in patient care.
We are looking for a world-class Lead Dental Assistant for our beautiful, high-tech, and independently-owned boutique dental practice on Skidaway Island near Savannah, Georgia. With amenities like chilled Pellegrino, warmed blankets, and AppleTVs with noise-canceling headphones, Dental Harbor by Abby Dew, DDS, is far from a typical dental office.
We offer great benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Care for our team members and their families
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- 12 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Serve as primary assistant during complex restorative and cosmetic dental procedures
- Help dentist and dental hygienists during procedures or examinations by providing suction, handing off dental instruments, and ensuring chair-side accessibility to the team
- Get treatment rooms ready for examination and procedures by equipping them with necessary sterilized equipment, dental instruments, anesthetics, dental supplies, and materials
- Meet patients and explain dental care treatment plans so they feel comfortable during the appointment
- Make provisional crowns and bridges ("temporaries") so amazing our patients love their smile even before the permanent restoration is placed
- Provide postoperative instructions with methods for infection control of the patient's teeth and gums after procedures, answer any questions they may have about dental hygiene, and schedule appointments for patient care follow up
- Measure and document vital signs and update medical history for patients
- Take high-quality digital 2D and 3D radiographs
- Manage lab cases and relationships with suppliers
- 3+ years of hands-on Dental Assistant experience, with at least one as Lead Assistant within a busy practice
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) certification or RDA state license by the Dental Assisting National Board's (DANB)
- Associate’s Degree or a certification from a college or technical school training program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation is required
- Up-to-date BLS/CPR certification is required
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Current radiography certification required
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA, CPR, and Infection Control training as required by law
- Outstanding verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Open Dental experience and EFDA certification will help you stand out!
About Dental Harbor by Abby Dew, DDS
Dental Harbor by Abby Dew, DDS is a confident, passionate, and highly-skilled team that gives back to our coastal community and delivers care that achieves and maintains healthy smiles in a calm and inviting environment. We work in a gorgeous new office with brand new equipment and state-of-the-art technology.
Check out Dental Harbor on Instagram and Facebook at @DoctorAbbyDew!