This is a 1099 position which will eventually turned into a W-2. As an independent contractor, clinicians may have their own expenses (transportation, computer equipment/phone/supplies needed for work, etc.).
In addition, independent contractors will not be employees of the practice and are not eligible for benefits that may come along with W-2 employment (such as paid time off, health insurance, retirement savings/matching).
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or college in the field of social work, counseling, psychology, or in a related human services field.
- Two years’ experience following licensure to practice fully independent as well as experience delivering competent mental health services to individuals and families who are experiencing varying levels of difficulties due to life situations or mental health concerns.
- Must possess and provide proof of professional liability insurance or will need to purchase a policy prior to hiring. Maintain current liability insurance of at least $1,000,000/$3,000,000 (required)
- Must have and maintain an active license in the state of Florida. Must be in possession of license and provided a copy.
- Maintain and be in good standing with the Florida Board of Health and all appropriate professional board entities.
- Be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Must be willing to see a minimum of twenty clients each week.
- Must have a reliable computer system with video and audio to access and use the secure electronic health record for documentation and telehealth.
- Experienced in conducting comprehensive assessments and treatment planning.
- Credentialed on insurance panels (a plus, not required)
- Familiarity with EHR systems (a plus, not required)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide clinical and therapeutic services to individuals and families according to discipline standards and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Completing individualized biopsychosocial assessment, treatment plan, treatment plan reviews, daily progress notes, termination/discharge summary, and any other measurable tool that may need.
- Maintain and update client records and documentation within a timely manner.
- Remain up to date with clinical knowledge and treatment modalities.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients’ treatment in EHR.
- Maintain calendar in EHR.
- Follow all safety protocols.
- Demonstrates understanding of sound ethical practice.
- Communicate with colleagues as to schedule and times when office will be in use.
- Communicating between sessions with clients if/as needed for scheduling issues.
- Complete and maintain all required continuing education requirements for specific licensure and specializations.
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Maintain up to date case files within EHR
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Dependable, excellent work ethic, long-term and growth-oriented individuals
- Possess strong people skills, excellent communication & listening skills.
- Moderate computer skills
- Skilled in applying varied interventions with individuals/couples/families.
- Skilled in working independently and implementing time management strategies.
- Ability to provide necessary self-care and demonstrate appropriate professional boundaries and behavior.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with professional colleagues, as well as those providing administrative support.
- Entrepreneurial and growth mindset.
- Awareness of personal strengths and limitations.
- Marketing support through our practice website.
- Access to our electronic health records system (Therapy Notes) for paperless documentation.
- We provide all insurance billing.
- Own company email to utilize.
- Assistance with credentialing if needed
- Day or Evening
- Weekend availability
We ask candidates for an intention to work with the practice for at least three years, to make the start-up efforts worthwhile for all concerned. Individuals in a hurry to be out in their own private practice are not good candidates for this position.
Also, clinicians who already have their own private practice are not suitable candidates for this position