Specifically, the ISSO will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and update the information system security documentation (e.g., Security Plan, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test, Business Impact Analysis, FIPS-199, eAuthentication, Privacy Threshold Analysis, etc.)
- Ensure systems are appropriately patched and hardened.
- Coordinate the remediation of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) with various groups.
- Facilitate and support the Ongoing Authorization Program.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Conduct ISSO responsibilities to include the approval of change request, review of audit logs, review of system accounts, and analysis of vulnerability scans.
- Develop waivers & exceptions for information system vulnerabilities.
- Work with clients to develop capabilities briefings and presentations.
- Provide security recommendations to the Risk Management Branch Chief.
Candidate must have:
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, Security+, ISSAP, CEH, CISM, CISA
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 7+ years experience in the field of information security
- Knowledge of security tools, security architecture, and NIST security standards and compliance measurements
- Experience in the application of FISMA guidelines including the NIST special publications 800-18, 800-30, 800-37, 800-39, 800-53, 800-53A, 800-60, and 800-137
- Understanding of the NIST Supplemental guidance for Ongoing Authorization
Desired candidate skills include the following:
- Engineering/architecture experience with systems in the cloud; specifically, AWS, Google, or Azure.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Ability to develop scripts or dashboards.
- Experience with CI/CD - Deployment pipeline experience (e.g., Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with programming languages (e.g., Python, Java).
- Experience with container/orchestration tools (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet).
- Possess ability to provide security recommendations during the change management process.
- Knowledge of Fortify, Twistlock, Nessus, DBProtect, and WebInspect vulnerability scanners.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Temple Hills, MD 20748: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- IT Security: 7 years (Required)
- one of: CASP, GSEC, GSLC, CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote (1 day in office per week) in Camp Springs, MD 20748