Copia Real Estate Design & Build is seeking a project manager to manage all aspects of our residential construction projects from client satisfaction to field execution. We need a dedicated individual in this role who is interested in growing with us long-term.
The project manager will have the overall responsibility for the success of the project and manage the progress, accuracy, and execution of the Company’s work.
This position includes interacting with customers in a professional manner with clear, friendly communication. An ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, be able to work with minimal supervision, and work well in both a team environment and independently. Compensation will be based on experience.
Ideal candidates will have…
- 3+ years of experience in a related role, within the construction industry;
- Document management skills and the ability to learn and use our project management software, currently Buildertrend;
- The ability to handle confidential information;
- Excellent time-management and leadership skills;
- Attention to detail, even under pressure;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- An ability to multi-task, and manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity;
- A valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and the ability to travel among job work sites in the South Shore area
Responsibilities and duties will include…
- Become thoroughly familiar with estimates, the final negotiated price, and the scope of work
- Create and maintain the project schedule within our project management system
- Site visits; daily morning job site inspections; be present at each job site throughout each day
- Actively manage the progress, accuracy, and execution of work within the contract scope, budget, and schedule
- Create and release any change orders and follow up
- Documents all deviations in schedule and changes in scope; produces necessary change orders and follows up with client
- Meet with lead carpenters regularly for scheduling and planning
- Approve and place purchase orders
- Act as a liaison between the design team and field team to communicate changes and/or questions
- Ensure the field team is submitting daily logs regularly
- Collect and submit invoices or receipts to the office administrator
- Review time clock, edit, and approve punches; edit cost codes as needed
- Send out owner invoices; collect client payments and submit them to the office administrator in cases of clients paying with checks
- Resource management to include managing our field teams as well as sub-contractors
- Hire sub-contractors; ensure we have sub-contractor agreements and COIs before being on-site, quotes, and invoices in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain relationships with supply houses in the area
- Perform other related duties as assigned
A little about who we are...
- We are a growing company with a refreshingly unique view of the construction industry. Our ability to innovate and think outside the box makes us stronger than the competition.
- We believe in continuous improvement through investing in the training, tools, and equipment our crew needs to build better.
- We are always open to new ideas and value our team’s input.
- We believe that as a team we WIN!
- To learn more about our company and see the work we do, visit our website at www.copiarealestate.com
In addition to competitive pay, we offer...
- A 4-day work week schedule (Monday-Thursday 7:30-5:30)
- 10 days paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time for you and/or your family
- Medical benefits
- 401K with company matching
- Use of a company vehicle may be permitted for some job duties
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.