Brief Job Description:
Responsible for the safety and welfare of our residents.
Assists direct resident care in household tasks, administer medications, home cooked and nutritionally balanced meals, laundry services, daily interactive activities, and cleaning/sanitation.
Enhance the lives of residents in every way possible! Provides medical and physical care to the residents of the household to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the highest possible level.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect the health and wellbeing of all residents
Perform all requirements in Resident Care Plan and report/document changes immediately, while charting all appropriate information in their progress notes for each resident
Report any observed or communicated abuse, neglect and/or exploitation immediately
- Engage residents in meaningful and interpersonal relationships
- Follow shift checklists for housekeeping, cleaning, laundry needs for all resident rooms and common areas
- Provide nutritional meal preparation for an aging population and be able to follow a weekly menu provided
- Attentiveness to resident hydration needs
- Maintain resident hygiene
- Perform daily activities according to activities calendar and take initiative to offer other creative options to the day
Effectively pass medications according to doctors orders
- Complete the narcotics count sheet and shift sign-off procedures with relief person
Collaborate with all outside personnel (NP,RN,Physicians,Hospice,etc.)
- Always conduct yourself in a professional demeanor, arrive 15 minutes early for all shifts in order to have a successful shift-change
Effectively report all maintenance concerns and needed repairs with the Director of Operations
- Maintain a professional relationship with co-workers, management, ownership, families/POA's, etc.
- Complete company and state required training in desired amount of time through the companies provided program "HCP"