CCI is now hiring a process-oriented Operations Manager to join our small but growing team to manage and execute key financial, data, and HR management activities.
This position is designed for an intermediate-level operations generalist who is looking to play a key role in supporting the shift from a small-team dynamic to a scalable organization. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Operations.
CCI offers meaningful work, an incredible team, an expansive professional network, a fully remote workplace, a salary comparable to similarly sized nonprofits, a bonus plan based on organizational performance related to annual goals, comprehensive health plans, unlimited vacation time, flexible Fridays, and an employer-provided computer. This full-time position can be done on a flexible schedule remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
Meet the team and learn more about our organizational culture.
The Operations Manager will provide operational support as needed based on the evolving needs of the organization, with a focus on:
Accounting (40%) - Provide daily oversight of accounts payable and receivable and work with external accounting firm to ensure accurate bookkeeping and financial reporting (payroll and invoice and payment processing are managed hands-on by this external firm). Manage recurring organizational expenses. Support reconciliation of information from Salesforce with QuickBooks and build and sustain processes that facilitate information sharing and impeccable recordkeeping.
Systems and Data Management (40%) - Manage contract(s) with outsourced IT support firm(s) by providing oversight of projects and prioritizing work based on need and budget. Ensure the quality of data in CCI’s CRM (Salesforce) and support the team as needed by making sure information is entered correctly, current, and accurate. Provide basic- to intermediate-level Salesforce and Google Workspace support and administration as needed and be a partner and leader in building better systems.
People Operations (20%) - Support CCI’s culture through onboarding new hires, maintaining the team wiki (in collaboration with the Creative Services Manager), and supporting the administration of benefits and other talent programs.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline will be highly valued, although we also welcome alternative forms of education, experience and training that provide a foundation for this role.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience; nonprofit specific roles are a plus
- Experience building systems and processes from the ground up and optimizing processes through technology
- Some experience in Salesforce is required, advanced knowledge is a plus, training will be provided to fill the gaps
- Basic financial management experience required, supporting human resources in a previous role is a plus
- Experience as an adaptable generalist in a scaling organization will support success in the role but is not required
- Familiarity with Google Workspace applications
Character Traits & Capabilities
- Collaborative, energetic, and enjoys helping others
- Excited and committed to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Highly cause-motivated, desires to participate in purpose-driven work
- Attentive to details, communicative, responsive, and open to feedback
- Naturally inclined toward bringing order to chaos, organizing information and resources, and creating systems and processes that help people do their jobs more efficiently
- Process-oriented with a “if it’s not in Salesforce, it didn’t happen” mindset
As a fully remote team, candidates may be asked to travel domestically to CCI events or team gatherings on a limited basis.
We value diversity and commit to making hiring decisions based upon the character traits and capabilities that correlate to being successful in this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Fully Remote Team working from the comfort and flexibility of their home offices
Year-End Bonus Plan based on organizational performance to team goals
Comprehensive Health Plans through UnitedHealthcare with 85% employer contribution and HSA/FSA with employer contribution
401k with employer match of up to 3% or up to $3,000
Flexible Fridays, a meeting-free day each week to catch up on independent work, professional development, or, if there are no urgent deadlines, flex the full or part of the day off
- Unlimited Vacation Time with nine paid holidays and “virtual office” closure during the last week of the calendar year
Eight Weeks of Parental Leave available after 1-year of full-time employment
Professional Development Opportunities through team and independent activities
Company-Provided Laptop that becomes property of the team member after two full years of service
How to Apply
Fill out this application and be sure to include:
Short-Answer Responses answering the following questions in an introductory letter made out to “Hiring Team”, included with your resume, or by using the question boxes provided in the application.
- Why is our organization, team, and this role a good fit for you?
- What is unique about your professional experience?
- How do you see yourself contributing in your first six months?