CCI is now hiring an Events & Community Manager to join our small but growing team to manage logistics for our annual CEO Summit, Chapter events and our online community platform.
This position is designed for an intermediate-level event professional who is looking to play a key role in executing world-class events programming and community experiences on behalf of the Conscious Capitalism community. This position reports to the Vice President of Programs.
CCI offers meaningful work, an incredible team, an expansive professional network, a fully remote workplace, a salary comparable to similarly sized nonprofits, a bonus plan based on organizational performance related to annual goals, comprehensive health plans, unlimited vacation time, flexible Fridays, and an employer-provided computer. This full-time position can be done on a flexible schedule remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
Meet the team and learn more about our organizational culture.
Event Management (CEO Summit) (35%) - The CEO Summit is CCI’s premier world class event. The Events and Community Manager will drive this experience with ownership of all logistics, speaker/vendor communications and coordination, customer service, budget tracking, F&B, etc. both in advance of the event as well as on site. The bulk of this work takes place in the late Q2 and Q3 months with the event taking place in October. This role will require strong project and event management skills, experience with vendor management, ability to be proactive and responsive and to have the confidence to lead a small team on site.
Community Manager (25%) - CCI has recently launched an online community platform housed on Mobilize to support learning, sharing and connection between members. As part of this role, the Events and Community Manager will facilitate and enhance the online community experience including scheduling posts, being responsive to community member posts, questions and interests, recommending and implementing improvements for maximum engagement and value.
Event Management (Chapters) (35%) - In collaboration with volunteer chapter leaders and the internal Chapter Team, develop and manage small scale in-person and virtual programmatic offerings for Conscious Capitalism chapters. Serve as a point person for Chapter Services Managers and Chapter Leaders to support crafting high value and meaningful experiences to help grow our chapters globally.
New Program Support (10%) - Provide general event and programming support across the organization as new opportunities arise including collaborating to develop new offerings.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree will be highly valued, although we also welcome alternative forms of education, experience and training that provide a foundation for this role.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience; nonprofit specific and/or member based organization roles are a plus.
- 5+ years of program, curriculum and/or event development experience
- Experience with event logistics including venue/vendor relations, F&B, budgets and on site management.
- Experience with online community platforms is a plus but not required. Interest in learning is required.
- Some Salesforce experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience or high level of comfort with communicating with senior executives.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace applications
Character Traits & Capabilities
- Collaborative, energetic, and enjoys helping others
- Excited and committed to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Highly cause-motivated, desires to participate in purpose-driven work
- Attentive to details, communicative, collaborative, proactive, responsive, and open to feedback
- Natural interest in/orientation towards bringing people together, creating learning and connection environments and leads with a service mindset.
- Enjoys coordinating many details, juggling multiple projects and finding/applying systems to manage workflow.
- Can provide guidance and structure to support event ideation and execution
- Responsive and able to manage your own time within the constructs of projects’ ebb and flow.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities when necessary.
- Capable of setting, measuring and reporting on goals.
As a fully remote team, candidates may be asked to travel domestically to CCI events or team gatherings on a limited basis.
We value diversity and commit to making hiring decisions based upon the character traits and capabilities that correlate to being successful in this job. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Fully Remote Team working from the comfort and flexibility of their home offices
Year-End Bonus Plan based on organizational performance to team goals
Comprehensive Health Plans through UnitedHealthcare with an 85% employer contribution and HSA/FSA with employer contribution
401k with employer match of up to 3% and up to $3,000.
Flexible Fridays, a meeting-free day each week to catch up on independent work, professional development, or, if there are no urgent deadlines, flex the full or part of the day off
- Unlimited Vacation Time with nine paid holidays and “virtual office” closure during the last week of the calendar year
Eight Weeks of Parental Leave available after 1-year of full-time employment
Professional Development Opportunities through team and independent activities
Company-Provided Laptop that becomes property of the team member after two full years of service
How to Apply
Fill out this application and be sure to include:
Short Answer Responses answering the following questions in an introductory letter made out to “Hiring Team”, included with your resume, or by using the question boxes provided in the application.
- Why is our organization, team, and this role a good fit for you?
- What is unique about your professional experience?
- How do you see yourself contributing in your first six months?