CTN is looking for a Graphic Designer!
Community Tech Network is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and in Austin, TX. Our mission is to unite organizations and volunteers to transform lives through digital literacy.
We believe that access to the Internet is a human right, and that those without the skills to use a computer are at risk of social and economic disadvantage. Public services and essential information are increasingly moving online, and many people are unable to access those resources. Many fine organizations are working to spread Internet connectivity to the underserved, but access to technology is only a partial solution. Connectivity needs to be coupled with digital skills training that is relevant and delivered in a way that won’t intimidate the adult learner.
You are energetic and enthusiastic about documenting and promoting digital inclusion activities. Your work style is a healthy blend of initiative and collaboration, self-direction and teamwork. You are a personable, hard-working team player who is open to learning new things, works well on their own initiative, and enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment. You are also passionate about digital literacy, public access to technology, and engaging marginalized and/or underserved populations as part of a diverse nonprofit team.
1. Ideate and create digital marketing assets that reflect the CTN Brand
● Social media posts
● Blogs and Email communications
● Sponsored Ads
● Annual Reports and newsletters
● Research and White Papers
● Web Design and support in WordPress
● Other product as needed
2. Create original content for special campaigns, product launches, promotions and events
● Maintain best practices for digital, web, photography and video
● Organize all CTN marketing collateral
● Excellent English written and oral communication skills
● Design experience and/or proven proficiency in Canva and Adobe Suite
● Ability to work and communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
● Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
● Produce materials in a timely manner
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
● Use of a content calendar
● Experience with Hootsuite and other social media and tracking platforms
● Indesign and other Adobe products
● Experience with creating and maintaining a WordPress website
● Computer and internet proficiency, and a willingness to learn new technology tools.
● Creativity in designing engaging content to expand the social and digital reach of the CTN brand.
● Experience using cloud-based technology such as Google Drive, and Dropbox
● Graphic design experience especially with Adobe Suite and Canva.
● Demonstrated use of Hootsuite and other social media and tracking platforms and content calendar.
● Video editing with Animoto and other video editing tools.
● Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
● Ability to manage multiple priorities and be calm under pressure.
● Ability to solve problems and think strategically.
● Reliability and willingness to be flexible.
● Part-time, 20 hours, hourly position, for 3 months. Will evaluate if continuing afterwards. Reports to CTN’s Marketing and Communications Director.
● Salary: $20-25/hr, DOQ
Job open until filled, CTN would like to have this position onboard as soon as possible. Email resume, cover letter and a design sample to: [email protected]
Include “Graphic Design Artist” in the subject line No phone calls please.
$20 - $25 per hour