We’re looking for a highly competent security professional to join our team to monitor the premises and protect our valued customers, merchants, and inventory. Our ideal candidate will have minimum to no experience as a security officer or guard. He or she will have a sharp eye with quick reaction time in the detection of any suspicious or criminal behavior, and prevention of theft or vandalism. In this role, your duties will also include performing access control, monitoring security equipment, and patrolling the premises.
Objectives of this Role
• Ensure a safe environment through a team effort of diligent active patrol, strict access control, monitoring, and equipment control
• Be visible and observant at all times, greeting merchants, customers, and vendors in a courteous and attentive manner
• Respond immediately to distress calls, panic alarms, and emergency calls for disorderly conduct, disruptive persons, and incidents swiftly and appropriately
• Maintain the company’s reputation with professionalism and legal compliance
• Collaborate with other security officers for effective protection and coverage
• Patrolling the facilities, and perimeters of the premises.
• Investigate and take the appropriate lawfully action as authorized by the corporate policy on accidents, incidents, trespassing, suspicious activities, safety, and fire incidents
• Control and monitor surveillance equipment, and perform building and equipment inspections
• Guard access points, permitting or refusing entry, restraining trespassers, and direct heavy traffic during start and end of business hours
• Complete daily activity reports, including relevant information, observations, surveillance footage, and signatures.
Skills and Qualifications
• Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to read and write the english language
• Helpful, courteous attitude
• Possess effective written, oral and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner.
• Proficient with computers, and aptitude to learn new software and systems
• Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time.
• Display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
• As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws.
• Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
• Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
• Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift.
• Experience with security equipment and surveillance systems
• Must have a flexible schedule
• Proven experience as security officer
• Certification in first aid, CPR/BLS
• Required to work for multiple clients at multiple locations; covering special projects, call offs, vacations, and open shifts.
Cognizance Protection Company offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401K.
$17 - $24 per hour