Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and document new product releases as well as maintain and improve current documentation
- Own a documentation area so our users can get started quickly.
- Work with product managers, support engineers and engineers to improve existing content and deliver content for new releases.
- Collaborate with team members to design and drive the long-term documentation vision.
- Convert team work into customer-facing release notes using agile methodologies
- Experience in creating and update content in Microsoft Word, Adobe RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, and other collaborative editing tools
- Provide support as copy editor to other members of the team as they develop and deliver content for customers, partners, and employees
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing for software development or web application development
- Exceptional oral and written English language skills, including grammar expertise, as well as experience using and applying style rules to written content
- Ability to translate complex topics into high quality content understood by a broad audience (technical and non-technical)
- Editorial acumen to ensure a consistent voice across deliverables and a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to think critically about content how content fits together, how customers will use it, when they’ll need it, and how they’ll find it
- Technical Writer - Contractor 2
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables within tight timelines
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and subject matter experts to facilitate documentation delivery
- Ability to perform and thrive in a highly dynamic environment; must be a team player
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communication, or equivalent experience / education