The Barista is responsible for creating positive interactions with our customers by fulfilling both drink and food orders with excellence and great service.
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Teamwork — Effectively collaborate with coworkers in a team-oriented environment
- Interpersonal Relationships — Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- Time Management — Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks, managing one's own time and the time of others
- Written Comprehension & Expression — The ability to read and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Oral Comprehension, Expression & Clarity — The ability to listen, understand and communicate information and ideas audibly so others will understand
- Organization, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – the ability to prioritize, delegate, and adapt multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to Detail —Thorough and accurate when performing tasks and following Company processes and procedures
- Professionalism — Adherence to courtesy, consideration, honesty, and responsibility when dealing with coworkers and Clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices