Please thoroughly read this job posting to make sure we're a good fit for you before applying.
You can find out more information about careers at Coastal Light Counseling in the career section of our website: www.CoastalLightCounseling.com/careers
Perks at Coastal Light Counseling...
- Compensated properly for the valued work you do!
- Premium Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401K matching, life insurance, short & long-term disability insurance)
- Credentialing done for you (if licensed in VA, others TBD)
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Supportive & Engaged Leadership - you'll never be left to fend for yourself
- Fun & Supportive Culture where you will feel Valued & Cared about!
- Feel Connected with your colleagues - Practice-wide Trainings, Consultation time, Weekly meetings
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged!
- Easy-to-use online platform for teletherapy
- Teletherapy set-up provided
- Advancement and professional growth is limited only by your imagination!
*Please submit a PERSONALIZED cover letter (PDF version) with your resume (PDF), including a link to your LinkedIn profile (if you have one). Applications without cover letters will likely not be reviewed.
About Coastal Light Counseling
Our vision is to be a powerful change agent, guiding others in releasing judgment and embracing love, in order to undo destructive fear that is the source of unnecessary conflict, both internally and interpersonally.
Coastal Light's mission is to bring light to the world by embodying the energy of love and being present in a spirit of joy, compassion, and humility, in order to heal the hurting and inspire others to make meaningful change in their lives.
NO STUFFY THERAPISTS HERE...
We like to have fun & laugh & joke around with each other. We are more than just co-workers or colleagues, we are a family. We support one another and treat each other with love and kindness, creating an environment filled with joy. We are searching for other joy-filled therapists who want to be a part of something much bigger than just a run-of-the-mill counseling office.
Coastal Light Counseling...
is green, paper-free, and fully electronic-based, using state-of-the-art web-based software to help counselors easily handle all aspects of their job. We are also an Apple-loving practice, so MacBooks & iPhones are required to help us manage everything seamlessly!
We will evaluate and hire candidates based on the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Comfortable in the use of electronic devices (MacBooks, iPhones) & online software - It's kind of hard to work in an electronically-run practice without this skill!
- We really like exclamation points! If you only use periods and not exclamation points, this probably isn't the practice for you! Seriously - we're totally not joking. Friendly communication is essential.
- Currently licensed to practice INDEPENDENTLY (unable to accept pre-licensed professionals - unless you are within two months of being licensed & have passed the NCMHCE - if so, tell us in your cover letter).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and secure enough to respond openly, not defensively, to feedback
- Ability to be non-judgmental and accepting
- Demonstrates an understanding of and values empathy as a cornerstone of counseling
- Interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- High level of self-awareness and willingness to learn/change
- High level of social-awareness and multi-cultural competency
- Conscientious and respectful of authority
- Willingness to use the term "Patient" rather than "client", as we find this an important way to advocate for our profession in the medical field
- Must focus on their own physical, mental, & emotional health and reflect that in their daily lives
- For anyone wanting a hybrid position and work part-time in the office: Smells nice (or at least doesn't stink ;) - especially when having in-person sessions. You can be as stinky as you want if you're doing teletherapy from home!
- Incorporates a psychodynamic perspective to address the root causes of patients' issues
- Has established clientele
- Has an established referral network
- Has attended counseling theirself, to work through underlying issues and knows what it's like on the other side of the room
- We are not accepting smokers, vapers, or users of similar non-medical substances that are contrary to healthy well-being &/or addictive in nature. - It just goes against the whole "modeling health & wellness" thing.
Compensation is fee-for-service, commission-based.
Salary range provided is an estimate (based on 25-30 sessions per week w/4 weeks vacation), and is dependent on compensation rates for services the clinician provides. Full-time clinicians maintain an average of 30 sessions per week.
- 401(k) matching
- Medical insurance*
- Dental insurance*
- Vision insurance*
- Disability insurance*
- Life insurance*
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Bonuses for recruiting additional clinicians
*Some benefits are only available to full-time clinicians and may require a short probationary period prior to having access to full benefits.