The Assistant General Manager primarily focuses on new membership sales by leading, training and mentoring the sales team in bringing new members to the studio, booking them into Intro Classes, and helping them enroll in memberships that best achieve their fitness goals. The Assistant General Manager also assists the General Manager with retaining current members, as well as leading overall studio success including, but not limited to marketing activities and studio operations. Pilates fitness knowledge or background is preferred but not required.
- 1+ years of retail/service sales or fitness sales experience.
- Confident in generating personal sales and training Sales Reps in sales
- Ability to manage and drive 4 revenue streams: memberships, retail, private training, and teacher training
- Previous management or supervisory experience preferred
- Must be fluent in English and have excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills in person, on the telephone and via email
- Must be solution-based and results oriented, competitive spirit
- Ability to recognize areas of improvement and make changes using good judgment.
- An affinity and passion for fitness.
- Solid writing and grammar skills.
- Highly organized, proficient in data management, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Professional, punctual, reliable and neat.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Trustworthy and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers, clients and the general public.
- Proficiency with computers and Studio software.
- College Degree Preferred
- This may be a full-time or part-time position. The candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule with early morning, evening and weekend availability.
- Implement sales process of lead generation, follow up, and close
- Mentor and train Sales Representatives to follow sales process
- Maintain acceptable level of personal sales production
- Assist General Manager in leading overall studio success:
- Lead generation including social media, grassroots marketing and networking
- Schedule and participate in networking/community events and studio promotions
- Manage staff schedule
- Directly coordinate with all vendors, ensuring that studio retail/products are stocked with accurate inventory counts
- Supervise Sales Representatives
- Collect out-standing dues
- Ensure all forms, administrative supplies, and studio literature is stocked and visible
- Strategically manage marketing campaigns to generate leads for the studio
- Proficiency in ClubReady, to include revenue reports, attendance reports, etc.
- Independently make decisions related to high level customer service
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the Pilates Studio
- Enforce Club Pilates policies and procedures
- Any other duties as assigned
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position offers a very competitive base pay plus commission and opportunity for bonus if all goals are met; based on experience & performance
- Complimentary Fitness Membership while employed
- Employee Retail Discounts