This is a full-time, remote position supporting our federal customer. CFT offers a full benefits package, a collaborative work environment and strong company culture. Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
- Act as Lead Developer and participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle (Plan, Design. Build, Test, Deploy, and Maintain) for the modernization of a .NET web application
- Coordinate with Product Owners to ensure the application meets all requirements and development work is appropriately scoped and scheduled to meet deadlines
- Transform user stories and requirements into well-designed, performant, reliable, and secure C# code
- Analyze existing code for opportunities to improve architecture and application performance
- Coordinate with the Database Team regarding the design of the application’s database
- Write and implement performant SQL queries to connect the web application to the database
- Recommend opportunities to modernize the application through the adoption of new libraries, frameworks, tools, and techniques
- Resolve application defects
- Implement testing strategies (e.g., unit tests) and recommend techniques for improving application testing
- Implement the requirements of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) related to software development (e.g., Application Security and Development STIG).
- Develop documentation and artifacts regarding application design
- High School Diploma or higher
- CompTIA Security+ CE (or other qualifying DoD baseline certification)
- 7 years full stack development experience with .NET web applications
- Previous experience leading the development of a product
- Previous experience in developing, maintaining, and sustaining an existing product
- Experience with DoD security practices (e.g., Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)).
- Experience with Agile delivery programs
- Must be able to work quickly with a high degree of accuracy with cross-functional teams
Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
Required Clearances and Screenings
SECRET clearance required
COVID-19 Protocols: As a federal contractor, CFT is required to comply with COVID-19 protocols applicable to the agency, facility, and location. All COVID-19 requirements are in line with government policies and CDC guidance applicable at the time.
CFT is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Discrimination nor harassment are tolerated.