Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Main responsibility will be to build test and validation plans and process to evaluate product reliability based on physics-of-failure (PoF) from simulations and provide feedback to meet reliability goals.
- Stress-test ClearFlame product offerings to identify potential failure modes in advance of customer testing.
- Investigate product failures, understand mechanisms, recommend appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results (e.g., FRACAS)
- Engage with engineering and other stake holders and make recommendations based on run to failure testing and stress vs strength analysis.
- Apply problem-solving and analytical skills to conduct failure analysis
- Design, analyze, and report results of product safety, performance, and reliability tests to key staff members
- Design and implement a reliable probabilistic method for analyzing fatigue failures
- Design Experiments to understand reliability analysis.
- Participates in team analysis for problem solving of major breakdowns.
- Knowledgeable with test procedures and applications
- Actively collaborate with engineering team and seek opportunity to develop & improve existing durability test methodology to enhance product development efficiency
- Serves as a subject matter expert in equipment failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Systems Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3+ Years’ experience in heavy-duty truck reliability/validation testing or similar
- Reliability expertise in reliability analysis and prediction methods
- Have strong knowledge of testing physics and products to be able to scale accelerated tests across different designs.
- Applied Reliability tool knowledge (P-Diagram, DFMEA, Reliability Demonstration Testing)
- Knowledge of ReliaSoft and/or Polarion is a plus
- Experience with applied statistics and measurement system assessment such as Gage R&R, SPC.
- Knowledge of vehicle systems (electronics & controls)
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) certification through ASQ is a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 25 lb. unassisted at times
- Travel up to 15%
Equal Opportunity Employer: ClearFlame is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law