Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Calibration of engine control (EFI/OBD)
- Complete engine calibration in accordance with procedures to meet regulations and other performance targets (emission, fuel economy, power, drivability and OBD)
- Prepare and manage calibration and resource schedule to meet development deadlines
- Test preparation, data collection, data analysis, and technical report creation on a regular basis
- Build successful relationship with test cell technician group.
- Conduct vehicle testing and development under extreme environmental conditions (hot, cold, high altitude)
- Taking part in one of many engine calibration tasks within the team, all with the goal of having optimal fuel economy and performance within the defined constraints.
- Design platform for processes related to ECM calibrations like speedometer/ odometer, fuel measurer and other diagnostics.
- Taking initiative to constantly improve tools and processes.
- Documentation of test results, tool usage and possible improvements
- Collaboration in teams to support several different projects.
- Provide support to after sales groups in validation and release of running change software
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Technology or equivalent
- Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy duty diesel engines, including experience in data acquisition, data analytics and knowledge of ATI/Inca (or comparable calibration tools)
- Preferred 5 plus years’ experience in heavy duty truck engine calibration & diesel Genets
- Thorough understanding of internal combustion engine theory/practice
- Product development experience and understanding of industry standards such as Carb Title 13, 40CFR- 1039, 40CFR-1065, 40CFR-1068, ISO-8528.
- Experience investigating technical issues and creating effective technical solutions.
- Proficiency in MS Office
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Matlab & Simulink (modeling and scripting)
- J1939 and OBD-II
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Standing, bending, stooping, kneeling and hands on work around engines.
- Must be able to lift 25 lb. unassisted at times.
- Travel up to 15% per month
- The position location is in a lab facility in Columbus, IN