Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement) for our low-Carbon, Engine conversion kits
- Own a wide variety of technical, documentation, procurement, and organizational tasks as part of a small, agile team
- Engage in hands-on debugging, root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions in collaboration with cross functional teams consisting of multiple engineering and operations disciplines
- Integrate various inputs based on schematics, test requirements, and engineering guidance into testable solutions.
- Support supply chain and manufacturing, including collaboration with suppliers to improve manufacturability and reduce costs
- Deliver complete documentation of product design- including 3D design of parts and assemblies, associated 2D drawings, analysis reports, test plans and manufacturing instructions
- Work with test engineering teams to validate systems and components with fast cycles of learning for deployment into the next generation of Conversion kits
- A positive, team player attitude with a passion for contributing to the overall success of the team and ClearFlame Engines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors in mechanical engineering or equivalent with proven working experience in related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with specific ability to write at a professional and technical level
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Curiosity, willingness to learn and adapt to a wide degree of task and situations
- Highly adaptable self-starter with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and willingness to learn and adapt to a wide degree of task and situations.
- Solid understanding of core Engineering concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Expert user of 3D CAD on at least one platform (AutoCAD Preferred), package and proficiency with basic GD&T, in addition to familiarity with PDM/PLM systems for engineering change control
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Strong fundamentals in IC engines, Thermodynamics, and Fluid mechanics
- Knowledge of MS Office tools is (Preferred).
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 25 lb. unassisted at times
- This position is in person in our Geneva, IL location
Equal Opportunity Employer:
ClearFlame is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.