Are you seeing a crisis in education? Are you concerned with the lack of content knowledge seen in today’s college graduates? Does that make you concerned for the future of our country? At the Classical Academy de Lafayette, supported by Hillsdale College in Hillsdale, Michigan, we are on a mission to change the barren educational landscape for our students. We are passionate about exceptional academics and excellent character. We are here to help our students fall in love with learning by giving them the tools to be world-class thinkers and problem solvers. We believe this country was founded on citizens who can self-govern and are working hard to nurture future citizens that can demonstrate that self-governance. To aid in that goal, we provide a rigorous academic program for families seeking a world-class education through a classical liberal arts curriculum with an emphasis on excellent character education. We look for exceptional teachers and administration who personally strive to demonstrate that excellence in themselves and expect it from their teammates and students. In the end, we know this living of virtue will make a life-changing difference in the lives of children and their families. We believe this effect will reverberate through our local communities, into every corner of our country, and beyond. This is not an exaggeration. We are taking a conscious step away from the fads and going back to what works. We are looking for teachers who want to join our outstanding team. If you believe you could be a good fit at CAL, we want to talk with you!
Classical Academy de Lafayette seeks an innovative and dynamic "Renaissance Person" to join our faculty, with the ability to teach upper level (7-12) Humanities and Math. Candidates should have a strong educational background with an equally strong commitment to student development and success. A bachelor’s degree is required. Classical training is preferred, but not required. Entry-level candidates encouraged to apply. Some parsing of subject matter may be possible.
· Demonstrate mastery of central concepts and effectively teach content and skills as related to English Composition, Rhetoric and/or Math (Algebra II, Geometry, Calculus) for grades 7-12
· Engage every student in grade level-appropriate learning experiences that promote performance and intellectual and moral development
· Develop instructional plans that promote problem solving, and creative thinking, while encouraging risk-taking in learning and modeling life-long learning
· Use (or ready to learn how to use…) formal and informal assessment to help students achieve high standards
· Communicate professionally with parents on individual student progress
· Effectively manage a classroom to facilitate maximized learning for all students
Ideal Candidates for this Position
· Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to classical education and the vision, mission, and philosophy of the school
· Motivated individual with strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, and with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students
· Team player ready to do what it takes and exhibit professional excellence
· Strive to learn, better themselves, and contribute proactively to the team
*For questions related to compensation, please submit a letter of inquiry