Classical Academy de Lafayette is a school founded in the western tradition aimed at reclaiming the best tools of education, educating the next generation with those tools, and cultivating productive American citizens. We are located in St. Charles County with a mission to develop the academic potential of each student through a rigorous, content-rich, classical liberal arts program while cultivating in them a virtuous character. We are a non-profit school experiencing high growth with a mission-oriented culture, and we’re looking for an amazing, full-time Executive Assistant to join our team of A-Players and support our Founder and Head of School, Katy McKinney. If you are a highly organized administrative professional with experience supporting non-profit executives, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
This is a full-time role reporting to our Founder and Head of School. For this role, you’ll need to live in or near St. Charles County, MO and be willing to work in our school five days a week. Typical hours for this role are 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday; on occasion there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends attending events throughout the year.
The mission of the Executive Assistant is to stay five steps ahead of our leader, tracking all of the administrative details, and clearing the path for Katy to make her greatest contribution to our school. The Executive Assistant will be a key asset to the Founder by anticipating needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing her to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of CAL so that we can reach our enrollment and fundraising goals. While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the Founder’s needs and the needs of school. The most important responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of the Founder.
The Executive Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
• Meeting management including preparing agendas, printing financial reports, taking notes, distributing action items, and arranging catering
• Communicating on the Founder’s behalf both internally and externally
• Email management on behalf of the Founder and within the accounting inbox using the Spark app to assign emails to team members as needed
• Running errands and attending in person meetings multiple times per week • Maintain complex calendar management and scheduling (both personally and professionally) on behalf of the Founder and Leadership Team
• Organize and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings
• Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, and ordering gifts/flowers, etc.
• Light project management
• Maintain fundraising data base (Bloomerang)
• Draft, review and send communications on behalf of company executive(s)
• Answer and respond to phone calls, communicate messages and information to the executive
• Prioritize emails and respond when necessary
• Coordinate travel arrangements
• Maintain various records and documents for company executive(s)
Quality Communication: The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly, both in writing and orally, on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Slack messages, text messages and/or emails.
High Level of Discretion: Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must.
Team Player: In addition to working directly with the Founder, the EA will also work with members of the Finance Team and several other high-level EA’s from other departments. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members while maintaining a can-do spirit.
Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our Founder to serve our company and customers at the top of her game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible.
Affinity for Technology: Our executive assistant will be a technologically savvy Mac user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Bloomerang, Slack, Teams, Zoom, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Experience: 2-5 years supporting c-suite executive(s), dealing with confidential and technology information.
Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
Job Type: Full Time, Salaried + benefits