Civic Hacker is looking for a recent code school graduate or junior-level developer to fill a part-time apprentice-level position. No previous experience is required. You will receive mentorship, paid when working with our clients, on-the-job training, company-sponsored courses on world-class technologies, and other fringe benefits. This position is 100% remote and is an excellent opportunity for recent graduates wishing to gain real-world experience. Additionally, this position is perfect for those who desire to keep their current job while building up their resume to get their dream tech job.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Learn about the core tenants of DevOps.
- Collaborate with team members to plan your work for each sprint.
- Implement Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Learn how to write Infrastructure as Code (Terraform & friends).
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the Company's security posture and our clients.
- Work with at least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean).
- Write technical documentation.
- Meet with your technical mentor every week during typical business hours.
- You'll help the Company fulfill its mission by participating in community-focused events that make a positive social impact.
- Bachelors of Science with a STEM major or a recent graduate (within the last three years) of a code academy specializing in web development, IT, or cyber security. Equivalent experience is accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- A United States citizen currently living in the United States.
- At least a portion of your availability during business hours.
- Familiarity with Python virtual environments: venv, pyenv, or pipenv
- Comfortable with GitHub, GitLab, or BitBucket.
- Working knowledge of git commands (pushing, branching, cloning, merging, pulling).
- A computer and consistent Internet access
Preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Python 3
- Experience with Heroku or similar PaaS systems.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or other public clouds
- Familiarity with provisioning tools such as Ansible, SaltStack, or similar
- Familiarity with Relational Databases (e.g., MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with NoSQL Databases (e.g, Elasticsearch or MongoDB).
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You're looking for an opportunity to learn advanced coding techniques.
- You're looking for part-time work with flexible work hours.
- You're looking for experience working on a team with other developers.
- You're comfortable with remote work.
- You're looking to enhance your portfolio.