Civic Hacker is looking for a recent code school graduate or junior-level developer to fill a part-time apprentice-level position. No previous experience is required. You will receive mentorship, paid when working with our clients, on-the-job training, company-sponsored courses on world-class technologies, and other fringe benefits. This position is 100% remote and is an excellent opportunity for recent graduates wishing to gain real-world experience. This position is perfect for those who desire to keep their current job while building up their resume to get their dream tech job.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with the team members to plan your work for each sprint.
- Implement new features as well as bug fixes.
- Perform routine security-related updates and fixes.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve codebase readability and maintainability.
- Write documentation.
- Meet with your technical manager every week during typical business hours.
- Bachelors of Science with a STEM major, or a recent graduate of a code academy specializing in web development, IT, or cyber security. Equivalent experience is accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- A United States citizen currently living in the United States.
- At least a portion of your availability during business hours.
- Familiarity with at least one package manager (e.g., Yarn, NPM)
- Familiarity with at least one frontend framework (React, Vue, or Angular)
- Familiarity with Browser APIs (e.g., Fetch)
- Comfortable working with GitHub, GitLab, or BitBucket
- Working knowledge of git commands (pushing, branching, cloning, merging, pulling).
- A computer and consistent Internet access
Preferred but not required
- Familiarity with at least one static site generator (e.g., GatsbyJS, NextJS, NuxtJS)
- Familiarity with Tailwind CSS
- Familiarity with frontend testing frameworks (e.g., Jest)
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You're looking for an opportunity to learn advanced coding techniques.
- You're looking for part-time work with flexible work hours.
- You're looking for experience working on a team with other developers.
- You're comfortable with remote work.
- You're looking to enhance your portfolio.