The Journeyman Plumber assembles, installs and repairs plumbing systems according to specifications and appropriate trade and building codes. These systems may consist of pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water and drainage systems.
- Studies specifications, building plans and shop drawings to determine tools and equipment required and the appropriate sequence of installation. Follows hanger spacing and load requirements based on specs and owner requirements.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, bathtubs, urinals, water heaters, water softeners and others.
- Locates and marks the position of pipe, pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors using ruler, level and laser.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Installs sleeves and leave outs for roof and wall penetrations.
- Digs, backfills and tamps ditches using shovels, picks, and tampers.
- Cuts, reams and solders copper tubing/piping, braze, solvent weld, fuse groove and thread pipe using pipe cutters, reamers, torches, allow gaskets, solvent cements, fusing machines, press fittings, grove and pipe-threading machines.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipes and fittings composed of metals, i.e. iron, steel, copper, brass, lead and non-metals, i.e. glass, vitrified clay and plastic using hand tools and power tools.
- Joins pipe using mechanical solder, brazing and pipe joining methods.
- Fills pipe systems with water or air and reads gauges to determine system leaks.
- Maintains the work area in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations (should support implementation of 6S). Maintains required personal tools, and properly uses all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and safety equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Valid/current Journeyman Plumber’s License is required.
- 4+ years as a Plumbing Journeyman preferred
- Trained and qualified to operate machinery such as scissor lifts, aerial lifts, fork lifts, etc.
- Requires proficiency through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. May act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Completes work with a limited degree of supervision and regularly provides guidance to others.
Please send e-mail or inquiry: [email protected]