WHAT YOU’LL BE UP TO
At Prix Fixe, we really believe that people are the core element of success, and our Accountants play the most pivotal role: Our team is directly responsible for helping our clients survive and translate the numbers to a language our clients can understand.
You’ll maintain relationships with restaurateurs and chefs, primarily via email and zoom. Many of our clients don’t have a financial background and rely on Prix Fixe to help them understand their business. In today’s economic climate, this is more important than ever. By providing the right mix of professional, yet casual demeanor. We believe that the relationship frees our clients up to focus on the parts of their business that brings them joy.
In a typical week, Accountants will spend roughly 60% of their time completing accounting tasks, 30% of their time communicating with clients, and 10% of their time in meetings or training.
A HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL ACCOUNTING OPERATIONS SPECIALIST LOOKS LIKE THIS:
You’re a problem solver. You’re excited to tackle challenges, dive into the details, and love to work with numbers.
You’re a “Foodie”: You know that food is for more than just nourishing our bodies, and those who spend their life honing their skills to excel in the hospitality business are individuals to be treasured.
You take a people-centered approach: Your written presence exudes confidence and delight. You’re collaborative, optimistic and listen to gain understanding, while demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions.
You’ve got “Grit:” You’re motivated, proactive, and a team player. You are able to take ownership from start to finish, while also realizing when it’s time to reach out for help.
You’re a collaborator: You are excited to build a success story with us. Working for a small business requires flexibility, an entrepreneurial spirit, and determination.
You’re constantly improving: “That’ll do”, never really “does” it for you. You never leave something for someone else to finish. You’re eager for opportunities to grow more and be more.
You’re hungry for knowledge: Knowing how to do something doesn’t leave you satisfied, you’re hungry to know why and eager to learn new skills.
You’re a master of numbers: You have a deep understanding of the financial statements; the relationship between them, what it all means, and the ability to explain the numbers to our clients in a language they understand.
THE EXTRA PERKS
- We offer a benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, and vision.
- Paid Time Off: Because everyone needs to recharge their batteries.
- Night owl? Early bird? No matter, we have a flexible work schedule. 9-5 just doesn’t cut it anymore.
- Casual work environment
- Remote work. Want to work from home a couple days a week? No problem. We’re completely cloud-based, though we do want to see your face from time to time.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
An accountant at Prix Fixe Accounting is responsible for overseeing a small set of books and performs the complex accounting functions for clients. In addition, the accountant is responsible for ensuring all books are accurate and closed in a timely manner. The accountant works with the Director of Accounting to ensure procedures are up to GAAP and PFA standards. The key component of a successful career with Prix Fixe Accounting is integrity and a genuine understanding of hospitality; this is essential to the job in order to develop long-term client relationships that are built on trust and our shared interest in their success.
An unwritten language and unbreakable bonds are found in a restaurant’s kitchen; this mutual respect and appreciation is a hallmark of “the industry.” For this reason, we look for all of the members of our team to have experience working in the restaurant industry.
ACCOUNTING DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Mastery of Bookkeeping Duties - While not entering daily sales, accounts payable or performing reconciliations, it is expected that an accountant advisor be a resource to bookkeepers on these subjects.
Payroll - Payroll setups and conversions, verification of timesheets, tip pooling, processing payroll and addressing payroll tax issues is required.
Accounts Payable / Cash Management - Paying of bills, and management of client cash is required. Some cash flow projections may also be required.
Accounts Receivable - Accurate invoicing of clients, and AR Management. Work with 3rd party vendors for debt collection.
Balance Sheet Entries - Creation and management of depreciation schedules and prepaid and accrued expense tracking. Accountants must also be able to prepare and maintain workpapers to support the balance sheet.
Automation and Efficiency - Recognize opportunities where clients can benefit from 3rd party applications to increase efficiency. Work with Onboarding & Implementation Specialist to execute these applications.
Reporting - Work with bookkeepers to review and prepare financials for analysis and client meetings. Responsible for closing books in a timely manner.
Year End Preparation - Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet and review of financials to ensure accuracy. Prepare a file for CPA review and tax filings.
Advisory - Weekly or monthly meetings with clients, reviewing financials and providing strategies to reduce costs, increase revenues and/or improve efficiencies.
Supervisory: Accountant advisor is responsible for period review of direct reports with partners and accounting manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting, Bachelor’s Degree and some relevant experience, or at least 3-years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting industry.
- A strong work ethic, including self motivation, attention to detail, follow through and analytical ability.
- A high degree of professionalism and the ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- The ability to work well in a team-centered environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- QuickBooks Online proficiency required. QuickBooks Online Certification required within the first month of employment. QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification required within the first 6 months.
- Maintain highest levels of certifications achieved in all apps in the app stack.
- Must be comfortable with cloud-based software and have proficiency with G-Suite applications.
- Basic understanding of functionality of PFA-approved Point-of-Sale systems.
- At least 1 year of experience working in the hospitality industry is required, preferably with an upscale, service-oriented restaurant or hotel.
- Background check.
- Sense of humor.