The Video Specialist is tasked with telling the story of the church through creative video content and management of a live video production environment. The ideal candidate has an eye for cinematic style, a broad understanding of current live and pre-produced video production trends, and a passion for excellence and volunteer development.
- Shoot and edit all video content assigned by the Creative Director (i.e. Testimonies, Video Announcements, Promotional videos, Worship videos, Conference videos, curriculum-based content, training videos, etc.)
- Recruit, train, and lead the live video team of volunteers.
- Creative thinker with excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Manage multiple projects at a time
- Maintain all video-related equipment
- Maintain excellent file management practices
- Be able to work well in both highly collaborative, creative environments, as well as projects where independence and self-sufficiency and required.
- Keep projects on schedule and completed by deadlines
- Communicate with all departments heads and team leaders within the church about projects
- Implement new systems and processes to manage projects and tasks more effectively
- Responsible for storing and organizing equipment
- Oversee sub-contractors
- Data entry into the church database, and other sites like Airtable, YouTube, etc.
- File management on local and cloud servers
- Place orders for supplies and equipment
- Expense reporting, receipt tracking, and other basic accounting tasks
- Scheduling volunteers and contractors for shoots and events.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Apps (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, etc.)
- Ability to work in a digital environment (Google docs, sheet, Basecamp, Slack, etc.)
- Familiar with both Mac and PC operating systems. (We are 99% Mac environment.)
- Flexible and open to changing priorities, and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, within compressed timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Being able to work well in both highly collaborative, creative environments, as well as projects where independence and self-sufficiency are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Thoughtfully organized with keen attention to detail.
- A drive to develop and grow yourself
- Always learning and expanding your knowledge of your craft and staying up to date with the latest technologies and best practices.
- Excellent time management skills
- Enjoy telling stories
- A passion for Catch The Fire values.
- Genuinely warm, caring, enthusiastic & patient attitude with a servant’s heart.
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to stand for long periods of time. (5+ Hours)
- Ability and flexibility to work long hours.
- Ability to work on screens for long periods of time.
- Frequent: standing, bending, twisting, stooping, squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Noise level – quiet to moderate noise
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, and bereavement
- Free entrance to Catch The Fire hosted events
- Discounts at our in-house coffee + tea cafe
- Paid parental leave
- Plus Fun events: Staff + Families Fun Day, Staff Christmas Party, Neighborhood Outreaches, and More!
JOB TYPE & WORK SCHEDULE
Sunday - Thursday