The Graphic Designer is tasked with telling the story of the church through design and web content. The ideal candidate has an eye for design, a broad understanding of current design trends, and a passion for excellence.
- Design and create, Social Media Assets, Sermon Series, Event Idenieties, Print & Signage, and other Web Based Content.
- Creative thinker with excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Manage and evolve the Catch The Fire Raleigh-Durham brands.
- Manage multiple projects at a time.
- Maintain excellent file management practices.
- Keep projects on schedule and completed by deadlines.
- Communicate with all department heads and team leaders within the church about projects.
- Implement new systems and processes to manage projects and tasks more effectively.
- Oversee sub-contractors.
- Data entry into the church database, and other sites like Airtable, Google Sheets, etc.
- File management on local and cloud servers.
- Expense reporting, receipt tracking, and other basic accounting tasks.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc.)
- Ability to work in a digital environment (Airtable, Google Docs, Sheet, Basecamp, Slack, etc.)
- Familiar with both Mac and PC operating systems. (We are 99% Mac environment.)
- Flexible and open to changing priorities, and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, within compressed timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Being able to work well in both highly collaborative, creative environments, as well as projects where independence and self-sufficiency are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Thoughtfully organized with keen attention to detail.
- A drive to develop and grow yourself.
- Always learning and expanding your knowledge of your craft and staying up to date with the latest technologies and best practices.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A passion for Catch The Fire values.
- Genuinely warm, caring, enthusiastic & patient attitude with a servant’s heart.
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to stand for long periods of time. (2+ Hours)
- Ability and flexibility to work long hours.
- Ability to work on screens for long periods of time. (8+ Hours)
- Frequent: standing, bending, twisting, stooping, squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground.
- Lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Noise level – quiet to moderate noise
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, and bereavement
- Free entrance to Catch The Fire hosted events
- Discounts at our in-house coffee + tea cafe
- Paid parental leave
- Plus Fun events: Staff + Families Fun Day, Staff Christmas Party, Neighborhood Outreaches, and More!
JOB TYPE & WORK SCHEDULE
Sunday - Thursday