This General Manager position oversees a hotel property. This role will help minimize operating costs, improve operations efficiency, and deliver a positive experience for our guests, while maintaining the standards of health and safety.
The ideal candidate has Manager-level experience at a hotel property and has a strong understanding of what makes great customer service. In this position, you must be available to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays as needed.
There is employer provided on-site housing for the General Manager.
- Ensure that the check-in experience is executed efficiently, while delivering a seamless, warm and welcoming guest experience
- Manage the property maintenance team and ensure that rooms are cleaned in accordance with our high standards
- Ensure that the property, both interior and exterior, appears at its best and operationally functioning at its highest level. This will include managing the internal maintenance team and external vendors.
- Conduct basic HR personnel duties, including hiring, onboarding, training, managing performance, verifying hours worked and running payroll (through our simplified HR system)
- Lead in addressing any complex guest-related matters
Other Responsibilities Include
- Monitor P&L reports and adjust on-property planning as needed to ensure budgets are met
- Manage property expenses
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Regularly inspect, document, and resolve any required repairs and cleanliness issues on the property
- Monitor and ensure effective guest satisfaction scores, respond to reviews as appropriate
- 4+ years experience in service industry with direct customer interaction
- 4+ years experience in leading teams at Manager Level +
- 4+ years overseeing a physical facility
- Experience in ownership of financial performance and a track record of successful cost control management
- Experience with HR functions such as hiring, training, scheduling, payroll, employee relations, and compliance
- Experience in utilizing technology for efficiency and communication
- High school diploma/GED required, BS degree preferred
While performing the required duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Ideal Traits
- Ability to manage time effectively to ensure completion of tasks
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen effectively
- Ability to make the right executive decisions without the need for escalation
- Self-motivated, well organized, ability to motivate others
- Results driven leader with ability to make the right executive decisions without need for escalation
- Overall resourceful and tech-savvy
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation, at $60,000 to $65,000 USD USD per year
- Bonus eligible, up to 20% of yearly salary
- Employer provided on-site housing
- Excellent benefits package
- Paid time off & vacation
- Professional development growth opportunities
- Introduction to Hotel Owners Referral Program
- Hotel discount program
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.