Carbon To Stone (CTS) is a climate tech startup that helps industries reduce their climate and environmental footprint. Our customizable reactive crystallization technology platform effectively transforms CO2 and industrial residues into valuable resources and generates revenue for our customers, while building a more sustainable and circular future. We are launching pilot projects with large industrial partners, and we are seeking passionate individuals who would like to work at our innovative, fast-paced company. We are a team of world-leading experts who have developed advanced partnerships with academia, industry, and carbon tech stakeholders. Come join our team to close the carbon and materials loops, together.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Engineering Project Manager to manage the engineering design, procurement, and construction of pilot and scale-up projects for carbon management and resource recovery at our industry partners. As a client-facing professional, you will coordinate diverse technical teams and external contractors to ensure successful project execution. We encourage you to apply if you are a driven and experienced professional with a passion for project management excellence.
Essential Job Functions:
Project Planning and Execution:
- Define project scope, schedule, budget, and execution strategy in line with baseline targets.
- Accountable for delivering assigned projects within the agreed cost, schedule, safety, and quality parameters.
- Track project status, progress, and performance against scope, schedule, budget, quality, and benefits management.
Stakeholder Engagement and Relationship Building:
- Build trusted relationships with clients, internal technical support disciplines, and contracted suppliers, such as engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC), original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and fabrication/installation providers.
- Engage and collaborate with diverse teams and clients, fostering effective communication and teamwork.
Project Delivery Excellence:
- Drive project delivery excellence by applying project controls, project management critical success factors, and best practices.
- Lead project teams for bids, studies, and plant delivery, ensuring adherence to governance frameworks and demonstrating the basic principles of project success.
Risk Management and Issue Resolution:
- Diligently manage risk, scope, schedule, budget, execution strategy, reporting, and project performance.
- Identify and raise issues early, implementing corrective actions and utilizing leading indicators for early issue identification.
- Participate in reviews for risk, investment readiness, lessons learned, benefits, performance, and quality.
Collaboration and Continuous Improvement:
- Collaborate with peer Project Managers and Project Delivery Team to improve project performance and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Support and mentor other project managers and project engineers within the team.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, civil and environmental engineering, material science and engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant disciplines.
- 2+ years of experience managing the delivery of engineering projects in the iron and steel, aluminum recycling, mining, oil and gas industries or other relevant industries.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Master's or PhD degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, civil and environmental engineering, material science and engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience managing the delivery of engineering projects in the iron and steel, aluminum recycling, mining, oil and gas industries or other relevant industries.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Experience leading client-facing projects of increasing value and complexity.
- Knowledge of project controls and project management critical success factors.
- Proven ability to drive project delivery excellence in ambiguous and changing circumstances.
- Strong relationship-building skills, including the ability to build relationships remotely.
- Familiarity with EPC operations and technology equipment package suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence and create a sense of community among remote and dispersed teams.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to balance customer interactions and expectations with project requirements.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment, demonstrating flexibility and pragmatism.
- Proactive in driving efficiency and achieving high project performance in a low bureaucracy setting.
- Thrives in a collaborative and autonomous environment, with a desire to contribute expertise and approach.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Stock options
- Relocation Assistance
Carbon To Stone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. We value each person's unique perspectives, experiences, and talents, and we strive to create an inclusive work environment where everyone feels respected and empowered.