Carbon Mapper is seeking an Administrative & Recruiting Assistant for its Pasadena office. You will support a team of 15-20 staff members with a mix of local, on-site team members and remote team members.
- Provide administrative support to management team
- Maintain schedules and coordinate calendar activities
- Assist management team with recruiting activities (drafting job descriptions, posting jobs, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews)
- Help organize and manage new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs
- Provide Event Support in Pasadena and other locations across the country
- Coordinate set-up of video conferencing equipment and wi-fi troubleshooting, as needed
- Coordinate the transfer of necessary supplies to event locations (may include carrying up to 20 lbs)
- Coordinate arrangements for group meals (may include pickup of food and drinks)
- Ensure coffee and snacks are replenished throughout the event
- Address meeting logistics issues as they come up
- Assist CEO, COO, and other staff with additional tasks as needed
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence
Make travel arrangements for team members and assist with post-travel logs/expense reports
- Answer employees’ questions and provide requested information
- Attend to Pasadena facilities needs (water plants, accept deliveries, replenish supplies, buzz visitors in)
- 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant or recruiting assistant
- Excellent verbal skills, well-spoken, clear, and direct
- Excellent written skills, able to catch grammatical and spelling errors
- Highly ethical and trustworthy
- Extremely well organized and proactive
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds up and down stairs
- Walk short distances
- Ability to effectively use computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Google Workspace, Sharepoint and HR software
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Act as a reliable and supportive team member
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience in human resources or similar relevant field
- Preferably have own transportation if needed to transport food or supplies for meetings and events
- Previous working experience as recruiting assistant
- Familiarity with labor laws
- Experience with recruitment process
Hours: This is an overtime-eligible part-time hourly position (15-25 hours per week). There will be the occasional need to work overtime when needed for in-person event support. There is the possibility of converting to a full-time position in 6-9 months.
Location: Carbon Mapper has a distributed team with both in-person and remote workers. This role will be required to visit the Pasadena office 2-3 times per week but is able to work remote for a substantial portion of their hours. All employees will attend quarterly in-person meetings.
Benefits: Carbon Mapper offers health/dental/vision benefits for part-time and full-time employees and their dependents (PPO and HMO), retirement benefits, and back-up care. Full-time employees are eligible for life insurance.
Carbon Mapper is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.