Who are we looking for?
If you are good with people, responsible, comfortable in the kitchen and have a strong work ethic, we'll teach you the rest.
What you will do:
Welcome customers with a smile and friendly attitude. Review the menu, provide recommendations, and a superior customer experience. Utilize POS (point of sale) system to process transactions accurately and efficiently. Pack orders correctly and handle them with care. Perform customer service tasks as directed by the Owner(s), and/or Managers, or Shift Leads. Ensure all areas are clean, neat, and organized at all times. Assist in the kitchen when needed for prep, baking and clean-up.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times and be reliable
- Work well on a team
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Perform shifts as scheduled to open and close the bakery
- Complete guest orders with attention to detail and accuracy
- Answer questions and provide excellent customer service with confidence
- Identify and recover guests who are dissatisfied with service and/or product
- Ensure all food is prepared, handled and stored according to required food safety code standards
- Assist in kitchen to support all baking activities when needed
- Food Handler's Certificate required upon hire
- RELIABILITY AND EXCELLENT ATTENDANCE ARE REQUIRED.
- One year of experience in a customer service environment preferred
- Previous quick service food handling experience in either the hospitality or food and beverage industry a plus
- Must maintain and follow strict cleaning and food handling/safety guidelines. Mask and gloves are required at all times.
- Has integrity, positive attitude & takes initiative.
- Is comfortable working on a team and independently.
- Must be trustworthy. Will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to protect recipes, etc.
- Has the ability to work well under pressure.
- Has excellent organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently.
- Ability to multitask while paying special attention to detail and is meticulous.
- Previous experience using POS (point-of-sale) equipment is a plus
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule according to business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Frequent walking, kneeling, bending, and reaching overhead
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Shifts are available Monday - Friday 6am - 7:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 6am - 5:30pm
- 10-30 hours per week
- Must be flexible; schedule may change
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour plus tips (varies by location)
Butter Pecan Bakeshop is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.