Preparation of tax returns, 1040, 1065, 1120S, Estates and Trusts
· Bachelor’s Degree – Preferably in Accounting
· Up to 1 year tax experience
· Previous CPA firm experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Ability to understand and apply tax laws and changes in the preparation process.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Accurate math and accounting skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn tax accounting and preparation software.
· Consults with clients to develop a basic understanding of their financial affairs and the scope of their tax liabilities.
· Reviews previous tax returns and financial documents to identify missing or incomplete information or documentation.
· Reviews all supplied financial information for accuracy.
· Uses the appropriate accounting software or system to prepare tax returns.
· Calculates taxes owed or refunds due to client, consults tax law publications for guidance on unusual situations.
· Submits tax returns to Partner or Tax Manager for review.
· Presents approved returns to clients.
· Files tax returns for clients.
· Maintains understanding and knowledge of changes in tax law by reading professional literature or attending tax seminars and training courses.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
$60,000 - $80,000 per year