- Lead recruitment, operations and evaluation of ESO incubator programs in California
- Act as Community Manager in 2022; facilitate weekly cohort sessions, send participant communications and collect relevant data
- Develop scalable programmatic model for recruiting, onboarding and supporting regional Community Managers.
- Partner with coaches, advisors and faculty to ensure all incubator programs reach their learning goals, operate effectively, and create welcoming and engaging experiences for entrepreneurs.
- Lead internal incubator program execution and communications
- Provide feedback on content design - curriculum and instructional
- Drive program evaluation, analysis to ensure effectiveness
- Partner with Growth Manager to source and disseminate entrepreneurial resource allocation (e.g., workshops, complementary programs, funding opportunities)
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with various debt and equity focused product and business teams.
- Represent the organization at functions, public meetings, and industry events
- Support project management, partner relationships, and overall management and direction of programs when necessary
- 5+ years experience in community development and program management, specifically supporting Black, Brown or underinvested communities.
- 5+ years experience with initiatives requiring community outreach and connectivity.
- Experience managing a budget and overseeing payroll/administration for interns or contractors.
- Experience developing and facilitating program partnerships and interacting with senior-level leaders at partner organizations.
- Experience managing staff, interns or contractors.
- Ability to manage multiple programs through demonstrated strong skills in strategy, implementation/operations, and program review and assessment.
- Ability to develop and nurture program partnerships and funding sources.
- Advanced oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in an area of specialization.
Nice to have:
- Experience starting a business, participating in an incubator or teaching entrepreneurship.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Experience leading diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Adaptability and strong problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills required;
- Proven ability to work well across multiple disciplines within the organization;
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with great attention to detail;
- Ability to manage and communicate in a large organization;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
What We Offer
- An opportunity to build where you are
- An environment that values your work
- A team that invests in your development
- An inclusive decision-making model
- A compensation philosophy designed to pay fairly for equal work and competencies
- A strong commitment to wellness
- A comprehensive health, vision and dental benefit program
- Unlimited PTO
- No meetings Fridays
ESO is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, women, and LGBTQ applicants to apply.