The Front End Supervisor ensures that the register experience flows well for members and customers. They attend to customer needs while overseeing the cashiers. This role also helps with merchandising, product labels, and the cleanliness of the front end. The Supervisor also is a key holder for the store and is responsible for ensuring that cash is handled appropriately.
Status: Reports to Front End Manager
Pay Level III, 32 hrs a week, some weekend work
- Keeps the check-out flow going smoothly by intervening when cashiers need help, opening extra registers, and answering customer questions.
- Issue credits to customers for returned items and ensure that returns are properly processed.
- Resolve customer questions and complaints as they arise
- Ensure the dairy and drink cooler are stocked at the end of the day.
- Keep the front of the store swept and tidy as needed throughout the day.
- Front and face the store as time allows.
- Answer phone calls and check messages on the customer service extension.
- Update pricing on small orders that are received throughout the day.
Staff and Employee Support
- Overseeing the breaks for cashiers to ensure everyone gets the time they need to take care of themselves and the work is done
- Ensures register and front-end supplies are stocked
- Communicates price changes, specials, and changes in policies and procedures to all cashiers
- Oversees and directs tasks and projects for cashiers when there are no customers to check out to encourage productivity
- Assist managers in providing appropriate feedback to their staff.
- 2 years of experience working in a retail environment
- Well-developed, warm, friendly, and outgoing customer service skills
- Able to solve problems independently and in collaboration with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills