Brain Dead is looking for a Controller to join our team in-person in Los Angeles, CA. The Controller would be reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This position will assist in overseeing the finance team, continuously identify system and process improvement, prepare combined financial statements, and executing financial close and reporting processes.
· Manage the preparation of combined financial statements including the Balance Sheet, Statement of Income, Statement of Changes in Stockholders’ Equity and Statement of Cash Flows
· Overseeing and executing the monthly close process and ensure it is completed in a timely manner with the proper accruals and other journal entries, bank and merchant reconciliations, fixed asset and depreciation reconciliations, and reporting and account review and analysis (such as cost of goods sold, inventory, sg&a)
· Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
· Oversee the day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections.
· Prepare journal entries for posting to the general ledger.
· Manage all aspects of Quickbooks Online and integrated interfaces (e.g. bill.com, divvy, etc).
· Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates, including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
· Execute in the development, implementation and training of:
· Internal controls
· Inventory count processes
· Budgeting and tracking processes
· Internal Financial procedures
· Manage cash flow projections
· Support leadership in completing special projects and analysis requests.
· Ensure completion of daily transactions including general ledger and bank entries
· Support in contract negotiations including lease agreements and vendors
· Collaborate with tax advisors to provide necessary information for sales and income tax returns
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
· 5-8 years of related experience in corporate accounting or bookkeeping; experience within retail environment preferred.
· Experience at a high-growth company preferred
· CPA, CMA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
· Experience with general ledger functions, the month-end/year end close process and implementation of new processes (controls, inventory, budgeting)
· Proficiency with accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks) and Microsoft Excel
· In-depth knowledge of USGAAP, VAT, business taxes accounting principles and procedure
· Understanding of US Sales tax and use tax, VAT, Corporate income tax and business tax
· Ability to self-start, roll-up the sleeves and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
· High degree of accuracy and keen attention to detail
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong leadership and team management abilities.
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills
$130,000 - $150,000 per year