This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, talented individual to join the BOLD Construction team as a Purchasing Agent/Estimator. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized with a positive attitude, strong initiative and an ability to eﬀectively communicate. This individual will:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with trade partners to better meet bidding and production requirements
- Interpret architectural/structural drawings and scope of work documents to determine project requirements
- Initiate bid requests with trade partners utilizing BuilderTrend, perform bid analysis, and create purchase orders, variance purchase orders and bills for Leadership approval and release
- Assemble and maintain invite-to-bid, bid awards, preferred and potential vendor documents
- Research and resolve trade partner disputes; including product or pricing issues, and invoice and contract discrepancies and coordinate pricing adjustments when necessary
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and/or quality improvements
- Update and analyze data (estimates, bids, budgets, contracts, etc.) and initiate appropriate responses to communicate with Leadership
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure all internals goals and deadlines are met
- Meet with trade partners to discuss current and identify new products and communicate these changes to sales, estimating and construction
- Maintain knowledge of vendor status within BuilderTrend and assuring no vendor is duplicated nor working without proper insurance.
- Work in an office/field setting.
- Estimate costs including but not limited to specific job tasks, subcontractor trades and materials.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Purchasing in residential homebuilding and renovation
- 4-year degree or similar experience
- Exceptional computer skills in G-Suite (Gmail, docs, sheets, calendar, drive)
- BuilderTrend experience a plus
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other construction documents
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Deadline and detail-oriented working with a high level of accuracy
We seek an individual who is interested in growing with our company; only applicants seeking long-term employment need apply. Salary will be based on experience. Beneﬁts are included (e.g. 401K with company match, health insurance, paid vacation, holidays & paid time oﬀ).