Do you love working remotely? We need someone who is curious, highly self-motivated, and goal-oriented to join our team.
There are an infinite number of reasons people start looking for a new job. Sometimes it’s to move closer to family, to a new school district for their kids, needing more flexibility, or even just looking for a fresh challenge.
We help these people through what is often one of the most demanding transitions in their lives. Our goal is to connect them with amazing opportunities — places that will genuinely appreciate them and where they will be excited to go to work every day.
That’s where you come in.
It’s of utmost importance to us to work with organizations we trust and respect, and we need a Cybersecurity Business Development Specialist who will lead us in client acquisition to make connections with these companies.
The person in this position will spearhead our sales process and develop client relationships in both commercial and government spaces. They will take responsibility for the overall growth of Blackmere's cybersecurity business by generating new clients for our expert consultants and technical search teams. This is flexible work environment geared toward fast growth and innovative solutions.
You will work collaboratively with our CEO, marketing, and operations managers to develop and go after your strategy and eventually build your own team. Our goal is to double our revenue through the cultivation of long-lasting relationships both internally and with our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hunting and building new relationships within mid-market, enterprise, and government-related clients nationally
- Work collaboratively with marketing, recruitment, and leadership teams to strategize effective sales and marketing messages, processes, presentations, and proposals that communicate strong, clear branding to our targeted audiences
- Research and build effective outreach data
- Build strong rapport with potential new and past clients by understanding the pain points, objectives, and goals they face within their business
- Generate and qualify opportunities with effective communication — do not let potential opportunities fall through the cracks
- Participate in partner development
- Drive opportunities forward throughout the sales cycle from initial contact to point of closure
- Meet and exceed weekly activity targets (100 high-quality conversations per week with unique prospects, logged in CRM) and monthly activity targets (2 knowledge/expertise sharing, email marketing campaigns per month)
- Meet and exceed weekly and monthly sales targets
- Target Executive Leaders within organizations like Security Directors, IT Managers, IT Directors, CISO, and HR (who are often overburdened and could use support for difficult roles requiring technical expertise outside of their breadth)
- Negotiate Master Service Agreement terms and conditions effectively
- Demonstrate management skills and the ability to work effectively to build relationships with executive management, department managers, and project managers across the country
- At least 3+ years of sales experience in a consultative selling environment
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets while creating and maintaining an active and large sales funnel
- Demonstratable experience growing companies in technical services or executive search domains
- An avid curiosity for all things technical, including cybersecurity and innovative research
- High lead generation activity weekly, including contacting by phone
- Experience nurturing high quality, long term relationships
- Self-starter, motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and driven by deadlines and results
- Passionate about new prospect calling and motivated to "go for no" to get to your yes and exceed targets
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university, or relevant experience
- Deep familiarity and connections with the cyber community
- Proven record of pursuing and landing new opportunities and connections for business
- Experienced in selling within executive search or the cyber solutions space
- You know sales processes within both commercial and government entities
- Able to work independently with some coaching and guidance
- Experienced in opening new accounts
- Eager to learn new technology including AI, Data Science, and Cybersecurity
- Credible, strategic business and technical knowledge and conversation skills to understand real needs and effectively position Blackmere solutions
- Knowledgeable in LinkedIn and other CRM tools, with a network of contacts to begin generating leads in the desired space
- Competitive base salary, plus uncapped incentive payment plan
- This is a remote position. Blackmere is a flexible remote work environment that encourages both teamwork and autonomy.
- Medical, dental, and 401K match are available for full-time employees
- A supportive team environment dedicated to integrity, innovation, and excellence
- We invest in our teams and are eager to help you grow your career with unwavering support and a positive work environment
- Blackmere is committed to helping our employees, candidates, and clients create the best possible future for themselves and the families and communities they support
Our clients range from emerging growth organizations and global enterprises to the United States government and associated contractors. In accordance with our mission, our specialized technical recruiters, sourcing teams, and staff are responsible for hiring across unique disciplines within the technical and scientific space that supports innovative technologies.
By focusing on creative, efficient, and future-focused information technology and recruitment solutions, Blackmere experts extract talent out of even the most difficult-to-access talent pools. As expert talent acquisition specialists and recruitment consultants, our commitment is to help build innovation through talented teams inside Blackmere and within our client teams.
Blackmere is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.