- Establish and prioritize daily maintenance work to be completed through the maintenance team.
- Follow-up on work assignments to ensure efficient, thorough completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Maintain a record of types and frequency of service requests received.
- Work with Campground Manager to establish an emergency maintenance on call schedule.
- Ensure adherence to all company operating policies and procedures.
- Oversee maintenance projects and manage on-site contractors.
- Perform duties in a safe manner adhering to all safety procedures and properly using safety equipment.
- Assist in all aspects of campground maintenance and repair of grounds and facilities; including, but not limited to: office building, lawns, out buildings, pond, pools, roadways, sewage systems, and well pump.
- Ensure completion of routine maintenance and minor emergency repairs.
- Ensure safe storage of hazardous chemicals and equipment.
- Participate in the selection of outside contractors as requested by Campground Manager.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Work with Campground Manager to purchase supplies, equipment and services while adhering to budget guidelines.
- Make regular inspections of the guest sites, as well as daily rounds checklists twice a day.
- Issue policy reminders and violation notices and follow up as needed.
- Assist Campground Manager with aspects of capital expenditure program, including reviewing budget variances as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
As a Campground Maintenance Technician, you must be self-driven, hard-working, dependable, and focused on providing exceptional customer service. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while holding yourself and your team accountable for your results.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1-2 years in general maintenance role, preferably in a residential housing, campground, or resort environment
- Good organization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- General knowledge of janitorial work, plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery such as zero turn mowers, and tractors
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Availability to respond to needs during non-business hours while on-call
Horse care experience is a bonus, Electrical and Plumbing knowledge, Groundskeeping and light tree removal. Working with light to medium equipment, Honey wagon.
We are a campground that is open all year long. We are hoping to find an enthusiastic, driven, experienced person to help take on the projects and dreams the company has to put in place! We look forward to hearing from you.