Report to: Head Reservationist, Management Team
The Reservationist is responsible for the reservations and table seating to maintain the highest company standards of F&B quality and service. The reservationist will maintain excellent reservation practices and managed the flow of guest’s day in and day out. The head reservationist host will make a seating floor plan according to the reservations and communicate important guest information to the service team. The host team will greet the guests at the door and ensure a smooth guest seating flow throughout the day. As a host, you will be responsible for always providing a prompt and friendly welcome to all our guests by following the brands' standards. This role will set the stage for the guest experience by greeting, seating the guests, and assisting the management team with the table management system.
· Responsible for guiding the guest through the dining experience and
contributing to the team and operation's overall success.
· Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you're there to
take care of them personally.
· Provide each guest with a friendly welcome and farewell to ensure a
positive and memorable phone call.
· Ensure communications with managers to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Comprehensive knowledge of our reservation platform
· Provide information to staff with clear and sensitive information with
regards to dining preference, allergies or celebrations management on
chit to update guest profiles in the reservation system.
· Perform side work at the start, during and end of each shift as required
by the checklist.
· Monitor and observe the reservations sheets. Ensure guests are satisfied
with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any
· Be ready and willing to assist fellow reservationist or hostess as
· Be ready and willing to assist the server assistant with clearing and
· Ensure all guest communication is answered on behalf of the restaurant.
· Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
· Understands shift ends once approved by MOD.
· Communicates any problems, challenges, complaints, or service
difficulties, in a timely manner, to the manager on duty or beverage
· Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all associated
· Follows company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
· Ensures that company policy regarding drinking age is followed and that
the service of alcoholic beverages to obviously intoxicated guests is
stopped and referred to the Manager on duty immediately.
· Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient
operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or
· Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working
condition through personal inspection and following the restaurant's
preventative maintenance programs.
· Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· A minimum of 1 year of experience in a hostess restaurant position
· Knowledge of MS Office, OpenTable, Seven Rooms
· Be able to learn our menu, including food, beverage, and wine; maintain
a working knowledge of all changes provided by management.
· Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
· Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining
room personnel, and guests.
· Be able to reach, bend, kneel and frequently lift to 50 pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10
· Specific vision abilities that this job may require include close, distance,
color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
· Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
· Leadership Skills – Exhibits excellent critical thinking and decision-
making skills; Displays ability to have a highly motivated and energetic
personality; Displays ability to take the initiative and exhibit flexibility.
· Customer Service Skills – Shows excellent guest service skills; Deals
effectively with all business contacts; Always maintains a professional
appearance and demeanor.
· Oral Communication - Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in
clear English. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for
spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents
numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes
administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals
and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports
affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time
efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives;
Develops realistic action plans; Handles the pressures of simultaneously
coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate
solutions to restaurant problems
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well
under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless
of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows
through on commitments.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction;
Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
$16 - $20 per hour