Provide stellar analytical expertise and customer service in the delivery of benefit programs. Focus on retaining current clients as well as assist with acquiring new clients. Work with a wide range of industries, mostly in the small to mid-market, under 500 employees.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Operations of day-to-day group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance etc.)
- Provides support in obtaining the most competitive insurance proposals in the marketplace for clients based on their needs.
- Drafts and submits requests for proposal (RFPs) for all health and welfare plans. Reviews RFP responses for reasonableness, accuracy and meeting client’s requirements.
- Negotiates with carriers on behalf of clients to ensure the best pricing available for renewals or new business offerings.
- Researches various bench marking sources and uses this knowledge to determine the most beneficial source.
- Gathers the most accurate data available and summarizes it in a usable, error-free format for the final presentation.
- Prepare and create materials for open enrollment meetings with clients’ employees.
- Communicates with supervisor on a regular basis to maintain open lines of communication.
- Develops and maintains a solid understanding of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other tools and methods provided by the company to effectively complete work product.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Life and Health Insurance license preferred
- Minimum 3-6 years of relevant experience and general knowledge of employer health and welfare programs
- Proven, advanced Excel skills including macros
- Superb analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks with demanding deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Personal initiative with the ability to work independently, or among a team, in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of benefits contract language
- Knowledge of pertinent state and federal regulations regarding Health Care Reform
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life/AD&D Insurance, LTD & STD Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Work remote
· HRIS Systems
- Employee Navigator
· CRM software
· Compliance Software
· Quoting Platforms
· Microsoft Suite software
o Microsoft Word