Sport Psychologist - Certified Mental Performance Consultant working with the United States Secret Service personnel at the James J. Rowley Training Center in Maryland. This position will involve indoor and outdoor environments with the primary role to assist in the development of mental skills drills, readiness and programs for USSS members.
Job Title: Sport Psychologist - Certified Mental Performance Consultant
Job Type: Full-time
Location: James J. Rowley Training Center, Maryland
Salary Range: $90,000 to $130,000 per year
Ayoroa Health is seeking a highly motivated and inspiring Sport Psychologist - Certified Mental Performance Consultant to join our team at the James J. Rowley Training Center in Maryland. As a trusted partner of the United States Secret Service (USSS), you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the mental performance and overall well-being of our dedicated personnel.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing expert guidance and support to USSS members, helping them develop and strengthen their mental skills to excel in their demanding roles. You will work closely with individuals and teams, conducting assessments, implementing mental skills drills, and designing tailored readiness and performance programs. As a Sport Psychologist - Certified Mental Performance Consultant, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the psychological well-being and performance outcomes of our USSS personnel.
- During 40 hours of work each week, serve as performance improvement coach and advisor working with USSS Health and Resiliency Training Section leadership to provide impactful resources as well as in-person support, data collection/analyzation, and presentation of program outcomes as directed. Telework will not be available for this position.
- Lead group and individual mental performance sessions.
- Work with USSS leadership to facilitate readiness across all agency members.
- Assist in designing and implementing mental skills development drills and programs for USSS members.
- Assist in the evaluation of effectiveness of mental performance services provided.
- Attend trainee physical fitness classes to provide individual and group based mental skills development services and programming.
- Assist in the development of initiatives and curriculum for the agency’s resiliency program.
- Drop-in performance and assessment opportunities weekly to provide program overviews, educational briefings, training sessions, and access to resources to individual agency members as requested.
- Collaborate with USSS personnel to identify individual and team performance goals
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to evaluate mental strengths and areas for improvement
- Develop and implement evidence-based mental skills drills and training programs
- Coach and mentor individuals and teams to enhance their mental resilience, focus, and motivation
- Provide ongoing support and counseling for stress management, performance anxiety, and other psychological challenges
- Collaborate with other professionals, such as training officers, Athletic Trainers and medical staff, to ensure an integrated approach to performance enhancement
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and developments in sport psychology and mental performance enhancement
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of assessments, progress, and interventions
- Master's or doctoral degree in sport psychology, psychology, counseling, or related field
- Possess, at a minimum, 4 years of experience as a Cognitive Performance Specialist working with US military special operations personnel, or professional sports athletes.
- Proven experience working as a Sport Psychologist or Mental Performance Consultant, preferably in a high-performance sports or military/law enforcement environment
- Strong knowledge of sport psychology principles, performance enhancement techniques, and mental skills training
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to establish rapport and build trust with diverse individuals and teams
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated understanding and respect for the confidentiality and ethical guidelines of the profession
- Flexibility to work in both indoor and outdoor environments, and adapt to the unique demands of the USSS training center
- Certified Mental Performance Consultant (CMPC) through the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP)
- Be capable to complete and pass the USSS Physical Fitness Assessment, achieving a minimum rating of “Good” in all areas, or 12 out of 16 points, for their applicable gender and age group.
- This position involves outdoor as well as indoor activities and the applicant must be capable of working outdoors for extended periods in all weather.
Please note that Ayoroa Health adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status. We also comply with the applicable regulations regarding inquiries into criminal backgrounds.
If you are passionate about using your expertise in sport psychology to empower and support our USSS personnel, we invite you to apply for this rewarding opportunity. Join us in making a difference in the mental performance and well-being of those who protect our nation's security. Apply now!
$90,000 - $130,000 per year