Athletic Trainer working with United States Secret Service personnel at the James J. Rowley Training Center in Maryland. This position will involve indoor and outdoor environments with the primary role to assist in the development of preventative, therapeutic, and rehabilitative care programs for USSS members.
Ayoroa Health is seeking a passionate and dedicated Athletic Trainer to join our dynamic team. As an Athletic Trainer, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on athletes' lives by providing exceptional care, injury prevention, and rehabilitation services. This is a full-time position located at JJ Rowley Training Center in Maryland.
As an Athletic Trainer, you will be responsible for assessing, diagnosing, and treating athletic injuries. During 40 hours of work each week, serve as a performance improvement coach and advisor working with USSS Health and Resiliency Training Section leadership to provide impactful resources as well as in-person support, data collection/analyzation, and presentation of program outcomes as directed. Telework will not be available for this position.
- Assist in the development of preventative, therapeutic, and rehabilitative care programs for USSS members.
- Advises and provides counsel to USSS personnel on matters related to injury prevention, care, conditioning, rehabilitation, training, diet, rest, and related matters.
- Measures and applies protective and therapeutic bandaging, wrapping, strapping, padding, and other protective devices to prevent injury to USSS trainees.
- Refers USSS personnel to Emergency Services, or allied health care specialists as appropriate.
- Perform comprehensive evaluations of athletic injuries, including range of motion, strength, and functional skills assessments.
- Develop and implement personalized treatment plans for athletes, utilizing a variety of therapeutic techniques.
- Provide immediate care and first aid to injured athletes during training or events.
- Collaborate with physicians, physical therapists, and other healthcare professionals to ensure comprehensive and coordinated care for athletes.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records and documentation of treatments provided.
- Stay informed about advances in athletic training techniques and incorporate new knowledge into practice.
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training or a related field (a master's degree is preferred).
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) certification from the Board of Certification (BOC).
- State license or eligibility for licensure as an Athletic Trainer.
- CPR/AED certification.
- Must have 2-5 years of collegiate, professional, military Athletic Training experience
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and sports medicine principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate athletes' schedules.
- Dedication to continuous professional development and staying current with best practices in athletic training.
- Be capable to complete and pass the USSS Physical Fitness Assessment, achieving a minimum rating of “Good” in all areas, or 12 out of 16 points, for applicable gender and age group.
-This position has a physical requirement and demands that the applicant by physically capable of lifting, pushing, or dragging at least 100 pounds.
-This position involves outdoor as well as indoor activities and the applicant must be capable of working outdoors for extended periods in all weather.
Salary Range: $[salary range] per [period]
At Ayoroa Health, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Please note that Ayoroa Health complies with all applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal history during the hiring process. We do not inquire about criminal history during the initial stages of application. However, candidates may be subject to a background check before the hiring process is finalized.
If you are passionate about athletic training and ready to contribute to athletes' success, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and help make a difference in athletes' lives every day. Apply now!
$70,000 - $95,000 per year