SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Property Administrator assists with the scheduling, coordinating, and resolving all municipal inspections for the properties in their assigned ATL Housing Group region. This role will also perform rent collections activities to ensure that rental payments are received on time and in an efficient manner.
- Manage utilities at the property level which includes: coordinating necessary paperwork to turn on utilities, working directly with the Property Manager and the corporate administration team on all matters related to utilities, and resolving any municipal issues with the support of the Property Manager.
- Assist the corporate administration team with resolving HOA violations and city citations.
- Research all violations, lawsuits, and complaints, and reporting all issues to the Property Manager for resolution.
- Schedule all municipal inspections, which encompasses: completing all paperwork required to keep the business compliant with area municipalities such as rental licensing, certificate of occupancy, and point of sale inspections; submitting check requests to Accounts Payable for payments associated with licensing; communicating all upcoming inspections, both required and scheduled, with the local market team; and maintaining a shared Outlook calendar of inspections
- Answer inbound calls for the office and assist local market team with resolving issues arising from those calls.
- Ensure property files and records are maintained in accordance with ATL Housing Group standards.
- Ensure that rental payments are received on time and in an efficient manner. Assisting Property Manager and Regional Operations Manager with the collection efforts and scanning of monies received in the local market.
- Manage a large number of accounts and maintaining target collection goals.
- Analyze delinquent accounts and communicate directly with tenants through phone, email, fax, mail, in person meetings or mail to ensure maximum collection of delinquent rent.
- Assist the Regional Operations Manager and the central Collections Manager in all day-to-day operational activities which includes the recording of all rental payments, adjusting and creating of ledger reporting, bank deposit activities, third-party collection efforts and eviction filings
- Implement new collections policies and help to drive credit card and ACH and Retail payments.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- Minimum 1-year experience in administrative or similar role
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or similar property management program
- Experience working in property management, real estate or similar industry
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Proficient in Spanish, both reading and writing
- Customer Service— Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical— Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Achievement/Effort— Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Rapid Growth Opportunities
- Caring Management that Will Mentor & Support You
- Positive Culture that Values Hard Work and Relationships
- Volunteer Opportunities to Give Back to the Community
- Company Events and Team Building Outings
- Clean - Drug Free Workplace
- $8 per hour + Applicant Commission
ATL Housing Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.