Provides direct personal care and supervision to the residents within the community.
Department: Clinical Care Services
Reports Directly to: Assistant Executive Director
Description of Position:
Ensures the resident’s lifestyle is maintained and their overall customer experience is aligned with Aspen Creek’s standards. Provides direct personal care and supervision to the residents within the community. Promotes resident well-being and satisfaction through support with activities of daily living. Communicates with other departments to ensure resident needs are met.
The Resident Care Services department at this assisted living community staffs through a primary care structure. Each Caregiver will be charged with all of the personal care duties of their resident assignment. Whenever possible each Caregiver will be assigned to the same resident group each day to promote continuity of care.
Responsibilities of the Caregiver:
● Assist with activities of daily living, toileting, bathing, dressing, and laundry.
● Follow community protocol, licensing regulation and guidelines for both resident and employee safety.
● Follow safety guidelines in the community, including proper lifting technique and universal precautions when providing care to the residents.
● Follow the schedule of duties for the Caregiver, as well as the individual plan of care for each resident.
● Monitor and log resident activity, food intake, functional status, psychosocial status, taking action as required to promote resident well-being.
● Report status change immediately to the supervisor.
● Act immediately on any resident crisis, following protocol and basic first aid training.
● Document resident status change, including but not limited to, physical change, reaction to medication, psychosocial status change.
● Maintain respectful, professional boundaries with residents.
● In the event all assigned duties cannot be completed, ask for assistance and report to the personal care coordinator.
● Any other assignments made by your direct supervisor or administrator.
● Promote open communication between health care professionals, families, residents, and staff.
● Adhere to guidelines in the employee handbook including dress code, conduct, scheduling, etc.
● Assist residents with room cleaning and perform various facility cleaning duties as identified.
● Assist residents with attending meals and activities. Encourage participation in social activities and attend activities with residents when time permits.
● Communicate vital information with colleagues between shifts to ensure continuity of care.
$16 - $18 per hour