Technicians Position Summary: In this role, you will inspect and repair vehicles and make recommendations for automotive repairs and maintenance. You will also answer customer questions, inform customers about shop products and services, and adhere to vehicle safety protocols.
Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties:
* Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
* Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
* Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
* Test the functionality of parts and systems.
* Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation on factory recommended intervals.
* Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
* Prepared to get additional certification as needed.
Technician Requirements and Qualifications:
* High school diploma/GED/equivalent required Or Graduated from a program in auto maintenance and repair.
* Vocational or post-secondary program completion preferred.
* ASE certification and completion of an automotive technical training program preferred.
* Experience with various hand tools preferred.
* Commitment to continuous improvement and ongoing job training.
* Hold a valid driver license.
* Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
* Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
* May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
$17 - $40 per hour