The ideal candidate is well rounded with both field and office experience. The project surveyor can work alone in a one person or two-person field crew and can take a project from field to finish in the office under the guidance and support of the Professional Land Surveyor/Owner.
Project Surveyor Job Description
Apex Land Surveying and Mapping LLC is growing. We are seeking a Project Surveyor to add to the team. Based in Colorado Springs, Colorado; servicing the Front range and beyond, the ideal candidate is well rounded with both field and office experience. The project Surveyor can work alone in a one person or two-person field crew and can take a project from field to finish in the office under the guidance and support of the Professional Land Surveyor/Owner.
· Competent in using conventional survey equipment and GPS systems in the collection of data in the field to be used in the office.
· Able to complete field techniques related to boundary retracement, topographic and occasional construction surveying.
· Responsible for clear, informative, and accurate field notes.
· Communicate with the client’s on-site when needed, to ensure satisfaction with work performed and the communication of their needs to the survey team.
· Report unique or potential difficulties to the team.
· Research, analyze deeds, title commitments, survey maps and documents, perform necessary calculations, found monumentation and physical evidence required in the retracement and resolution of property lines.
· Ensure field information is accurately collected and transferred to the office.
· Managing field data with ability to perform "field to finish" reduction of survey data and draft the required deliverables using Carlson Survey with IntelliCAD.
· Willing to learn and share your knowledge and experience as well.
Education and Experience:
· Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Good Math Skills.
· Great communication skills. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
· Working independently and working with a team.
· Minimum of three (5) years of Land Surveying experience as a Party Chief and/or Survey Office Technician.
· Experience with Carlson Survey, Stonex, Sokkia, and Topcon field equipment helpful.
· Enrolled in, or graduate from a Land Surveying Curriculum a plus.
· Land Surveyor in training (LSIT) or Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in the State of Colorado a plus.
· Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR screening.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, hike or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds of equipment.
Compensation: $25.00 To $40.00 Hourly, Compensation will be dependent upon experience.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, and experience.
$25 - $40 per hour