The ideal candidate is someone who can work alone after some training, in a one-person or two-person field crew. Whom can take a project and complete the field work under the guidance and support of the Professional Land Surveyor/Owner.
APEX Land Surveying and Mapping LLC
Position: Field Survey Technician.
Apex Land Surveying and Mapping LLC is growing. We are seeking a Field Survey Technician to add to the team. Based in Colorado Springs, Colorado; servicing the front range and beyond. The ideal candidate is someone who can work alone in a one-person or two-person field crew and can take a project and complete the field work under the guidance and support of the Professional Land Surveyor/Owner.
• Competent in using conventional survey equipment and GPS systems in the collection of data in the field to be used in the office.
• Able to complete field techniques related to boundary retracement, topographic and occasional construction surveying.
• Responsible for clear, informative, and accurate field notes.
• Ensure field information is accurately collected and transferred to the office.
• Ability to perform "field to finish" reduction of survey data and draft the required deliverables using Carlson Survey with IntelliCAD helpful.
• Willing to learn and grow with us.
Education and Experience:
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Good Math Skills.
• Great communication skills. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
• Working independently and working with a team.
• Two (2) years of Land Surveying experience as a Surveying Field Technician helpful.
• Proper operation and maintenance of field equipment.
• Land Surveyor in training (LSIT) or Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in the State of Colorado a plus.
• Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR screening.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, hike or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds of equipment.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, and experience.
$21 - $35 per hour