[Please note that this position is open for candidates who are available to start before February 2024.]
Are you excited about being a creator of the next-gen robots? Anyware Robotics is a fast-paced startup backed by world-class VCs. Empowered by the latest progress of AI, we are building the next generation of general-purpose robot which can work flexibly in unstructured environment, helping warehouses and manufacturers to significantly increase efficiency and reduce costs. Our team is expanding rapidly to accelerate development and meet growing customer demands.
Anyware Robotics is seeking highly skilled Mechatronics Engineers to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing parts and components for robotic systems, conducting robust testing, troubleshooting and upgrading systems, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and mentoring junior talent. You will play a key role in ensuring the feasibility, reliability, and performance of our robotic systems.
- Design parts and components for robotic systems, considering manufacturability (DFM) using CAD programs.
- Conduct robust testing on developed systems, including PLC systems, and troubleshoot any issues.
- Collaborate with customers and internal teams to understand requirements, order and test materials, and ensure feasibility of customer ideas.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams to improve product designs, utilizing design for manufacturing (DFM) systems for end-of-arm tooling (EOAT).
- Collaborate with development and test teams to evaluate system reliability and performance.
- Upgrade and standardize systems for robotic cells using applied knowledge of PLC hardware.
- Lead, mentor, and develop junior talent in the team.
- BS/MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of working proficiency with CAD programs, hands-on prototyping and fabrication.
- Programming knowledge in C++, Python, or similar languages.
- Proven track record of strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and customers.
- Willingness to work at an early-stage company with dynamic priorities.
- Ability to quickly problem-solve and work autonomously with little or no supervision.
- Ability to solve technical problems effectively, efficiently, and independently.
- Deep understanding of ROS or Linux.
- Experience with industrial robots and 6 DOF robotic arms.
- Experience working in customer-facing roles, communicating technical subjects to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated experience with 3D solid modeling, analysis, and development of 2D manufacturing drawings.
- Experience with machining, rapid prototyping, and fabrication processes/materials to meet functional design requirements.
- Familiarity with industrial facilities and equipment.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation & stock
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Regular off-site events