Join the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) team! We are seeking an experienced Membership and Marketing Manager who will be responsible for managing ongoing and special projects to meet membership growth and revenue goals. This role also includes marketing the AADSM’s educational programs, events, products and services which are integral to attracting and engaging members. The AADSM’s small office provides tremendous growth opportunity for individuals with a can-do attitude and strong work ethic.
Functions and Responsibilities of the Position
Includes support for the entire membership experience, including recruitment, retention and engagement:
· Develop and implement strategies and campaigns for membership retention and recruitment
· Develop and implement communications strategies, messaging, and value statements
· Exhibit at multiple dental meetings each year to raise awareness and to build and retain relationships
· Serve as a contact for members via phone, email and at events
· Identify and develop programs and benefits to add value and to attract and engage members
Includes multi-channel marketing efforts to raise the profile of the organization, grow membership, and increase attendance at courses and events:
· Develop and implement strategies and campaigns to promote AADSM educational programs, events, products and services
· Develop and implement communication strategies to position the organization as the leader in the field
· Advance public relations with a variety of audiences by writing targeted communications, such as press releases, letters to the editor, web content, articles and reports.
Includes projects and tasks organized around implementing the membership and marketing strategies, campaigns and plans:
· Manage the membership application process and annual membership renewal process, including invoicing, payment processing and database reporting
· Contribute to the management of the public-facing website
· Manage the department budgeting and contribute to development of the annual budget
· Maintain accurate member data
· Test, track and measure the success of campaigns as well as analyze trends over time
· Serve as liaison for key vendor relationships, such as freelance graphic designers, printers, marketing and public relations contractors, association management software and website vendors, etc.
Required Experience and Abilities
· Minimum three years’ experience in a related position
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or communications
· Proven success in developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and communication campaigns for membership retention and recruitment
· Superior professional and persuasive verbal and written communication skills
· Precise copywriting, editing and proofreading skills
· Experience with social media and email management software
· Experience with association management and content management software is a plus
· Working knowledge of standard business software is required
· Note that periodic travel is required to meet with members and prospects, exhibit at conferences, and attend events.
· Exceptional ability to write persuasively and clearly to internal and external audiences, and to craft compelling messages that will attract and retain members
· Excellent critical thinking skills that allow for sound judgment and strategic analysis
· Strong focus on data analysis in order to maximize all available opportunities
· Able to identify and recommend improvements and new strategies or tactics
· Able to work effectively under deadlines while managing multiple priorities
What We Offer:
Located just off of 355 and 88 in Lisle (south of the Morton Arboretum), we have a business casual work environment, hybrid work schedule with up to two work from home days a week and a multitude of benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a generous retirement plan; and competitive PTO program. Salary for this position ranges between $85,000-90,000 per year.
To apply for this exempt, full-time position of Membership and Marketing Manager, please submit a letter of interest, resume and references.
About American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine:
Established in 1991, the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine is the only non-profit national professional society dedicated exclusively to the practice of dental sleep medicine. The AADSM is the leading national organization for dentists who use oral appliance therapy to manage sleep-disordered breathing, which includes snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. Additional information can be found at www.aadsm.org.
To advance our members’ success in treating obstructive sleep apnea, snoring and other related airway disorders with education, professional development, practice management resources, advocacy, and research.
To provide our members with the resources they need to reduce the number of undiagnosed and untreated people with obstructive sleep apnea, snoring and other related airway disorders.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its members, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
$85,000 - $90,000 per year