We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as an Underwriting Support Technician. In this role, you will be responsible for providing support to the underwriting department by reviewing applications, performing data entry, and providing customer service to agents and customers. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer service within the insurance industry or underwriting services experience.
Job Title: Underwriting Support Technician
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job Type: Full-time
Rate: $14/hr W2
• Process mail, email, and fax items received in underwriting to maintain departmental productivity, quality, and timeliness standards.
• Review new applications/proposals for completeness and rate new business within timeliness standards.
• Analyze and issue renewal policies, process cancellations, and perform quality control and training.
• Service existing accounts by processing endorsements/amendments and identifying problems.
• Respond accurately, timely, and courteously to telephone or written customer inquiries and accurately document inquiries.
• Participate in special projects or system testing as requested.
• Assist in training new Underwriting Technicians and perform quality control audits and teamwork.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 1 year of customer service within the insurance industry or 1 year of underwriting services experience.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
$14 - $16 per hour