Our Cargo Handlers are responsible for loading and unloading freight on our trailers in a safe and timely manner. Frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of freight is required. All necessary training and materials for this position are provided.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for keeping the company’s activities within the guidelines, regulations and ethical expectations of transportation and logistics services.
- Coordinating transportation providers to ensure proper movements of shipments.
- Responding to Customer inquiries (quoting domestic shipments, tracking, and tracing updates.
- Preparing BOL’s and invoices in of our TMS systems for movement of freight.
- Managing inventory levels and shipping schedules.
- Duties include monitoring business operations and reporting infractions, reviewing company policies for possible risks and liabilities.
- Good grasp of industry processes and existing business regulations.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Preferred 2 years working in customer service and documentation related to the freight forwarder.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Adhere to all company regulations.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Forklift and general freight handling knowledge are a plus
- Must be 18 or older